five

Random Forest

"Y/N-san?? Why are you on the ground??"

Yes, you read correctly.

Tanjiro was confused to see Y/N sprawled on the ground. Y/N was face-down in the grass, her guard completely down. She wasn't moving, but her scent was telling him that she was alive.

You see, Tanjiro had been instructed to go to his next mission. He was walking through the forest when he tripped over something. Luckily, he caught himself before actually falling to the ground. When he turned to see what he tripped over, his eyes fell on Y/N.

"Eh? Oh, hey, Tanjiro." The girl said weakly. Tanjiro's eyes softened into concern.

"Are you okay?" He asked, taking a seat next to the girl. She lifted up her face from the grass, a frown in place.

"I'm hungryyyy..." She whined. He sweatdropped.

When she starts to lay down, should he just assume that she's hungry?

After Tanjiro had given the girl a rice ball, he smiled as he watched her eat it. She seemed so much happier when she was eating.

"So, Y/N-san, what are you doing out here?" She looked at him, curiously.

"Eh? Oh, my mission is around here, somewhere." She told him before looking around. "What about you, Tanjiro?"

"Same with me."

"Huh. Funny."

"PLEASEEEE!!!"

"Eh?"

Tanjiro and Y/N turned to see the yellow haired dude from final selection. He was on his knees, clinging to some girl in the middle of the road, making a big scene.

"PLEASE MARRY ME!! PLEASE I'M BEGGING YOU!!"

"W-What the-? What's going on over there?" Tanjiro asked in confusion. Suddenly, a bird flew over to Tanjiro's hand, chirping like crazy. "Huh? Oh, so that's what's happening. Okay, I'll help! Y/N-san, I'm- eh? Y/N-san?"

Tanjiro was a bit late.

"OWW!! WHAT THE HECK?! WHY'D YOU HIT ME?!"

"Just because."

Tanjiro looked up to see Y/N had punched the yellow haired boy upside the head. The boy had tears and snot all over his face and he looked like an absolute sap right now.

"THAT HURT! AND SHE'S GOING To... marry... me..." He seemed to press a halt in his screaming as he got a good look at Y/N's face.

Oh, he calmed down-

"YOU'RE THAT GIRL FROM FINAL SELECTION!! ARE YOU GOING TO MARRY ME, THEN?!! YOU'RE GOING TO MARRY ME, BEAUTY?!"

...Nevermind.

"Eh? No way."

"Get off of Y/N-san! No one here wants to marry you!" Tanjiro finally stepped in, grabbing the crying mess of a boy off Y/N. "You're just making a big scene in the middle of the road! Can't you see that all your doing is making everyone around you uncomfortable!? Also, you're stressing out your sparrow!"

"That uniform! You're that guy from Final Selection!"

"There's no way I'd know anyone like you! I don't know you!"

Dang, Tanjiro can get angry?

"BUT WE MET, REMEMBER?! DON'T GET MAD AT ME FOR YOUR MEMORY PROBLEMS!!"

Tanjiro paused before dropping the boy to the ground, seemingly annoyed. He turned to Y/N, ignoring his presence.

"Hey Y/N-san, are you okay?"