eleven

"Y/N, just because you're healed doesn't mean you have to be reckless again!"

Tanjiro scolded the girl as he placed a bandage on her cheek. All of four of the main slayers were healed and ready to go. Out of curiosity, Y/N put it to the test and did 100 cartwheels inside.

Of course, that ended badly.

The girl got a scratch on her cheek. One of them already had a scar on it, was she trying to get another one?

"Shishishi~! Sorry, Tanjiro!" The girl laughed it off. Tanjiro sighed at the girl as she continued laughing. The sound of wings brought his attention outside as he noticed his crow flying in. "MEAT!!!"

"Y/N-SAN, NO-"

"Bye, Granny!!"

Y/N waved at the small old wisteria house woman with as big grin. The group were heading out to Mount Natagumo, their next mission. The small woman waved back before the four of them disappeared from her sight.

Y/N turned to Inosuke, a smile on her as she caught his attention.

"Hey, Inosuke, can we trade?" She asked, eyes glittering with excitement.

"Trade?" The boar boy tilted his head confusedly.

"Trade hats! I'll let you wear my straw hat if you let me wear your boar head! Shishishi~! Sounds like fun!" She grinned, her cheerfulness growing with every passing second.

"Why?" The boy asked, genuinely confused.

"Because it sounds like fun!"

"The great Inosuke is not fun! He is strong!" He yelled, jabbing a finger at her.

"But I bet you'll look cool in my straw hat! You'll look like the coolest person in the world!" Y/N added.

You better believe that they traded hats for the time being.

"Whoaaaa~! You can see out of this?" Y/N asked, as she lifted up the boy's boar mask so he could see her eyes. "That's super cool, Inosuke! You gotta be super talented!"

Little white balls fluttered around the boys head as a giddy feeling flooded his chest.

"...ARRGGHH!! STOP BAINWASHING ME!!"

"Hahahahaha~! I didn't even do anything, shishishi~!"

In front of the group was the creepiest mountain known to existence.

The mountain was covered with trees and gave off an eerie feeling of danger. The starless sky didn't help and the moon was almost unseeable, making the darkness even heavier. The creepy mist seemed to take over the bottom, making it only more unnerving. Death was written all over it.

"Everyone! Can we stop for a moment?" Zenitsu asked the group, firm faced.

"What's wrong?" Tanjiro asked, standing next to Y/N, who tilted her head in confusion.

"I'M SCARED, ALRIGHT?! Now that we're nearing our destination, I'm getting scared!!" The boy exclaimed, his firm facade completely gone as he sat on the ground, tears raining from his eyes.

...

...

...

"Why is he sitting down?" Inosuke asked, obviously not giving a damn. "It's creepy."

"WHO ARE YOU TO TALK, PIG HEAD?!" Zenitsu screamed in defense. "Don't tell me you're not sensing anything creepy from that mountain!" He yelled, pointing at the mountain.