38 | in love with you.

Kenzie

I don't exactly know what it was that gave me the courage to open up to Scarlett about my mental health on Saturday. The words seemed to have escaped from my mouth before I had the chance to decide for sure I was going to say what I said, but after we went back home, I felt a strong sense of relief knowing I didn't have to get through it alone.

Allowing her to see the damaged I'd done to my arms and treating them so the cuts didn't get infected took some convincing, but nevertheless I let her and then we spent the rest of the afternoon watching back to back episodes of the show 'Suits'.
I don't particularly even like it all that much, but it's a show we've watched together from the beginning so it's somewhat become 'ours'.

Sunday was for the most part was spent in bed. Scarlett's Mom, Melanie, came by for dinner but aside from that the day was pretty uneventful.

I did wake up with the regret of not studying more for my Math this morning however, but that thought was quickly pushed to the back of my mind when I remembered I'd most certainly run into Oliver at some point today, and due to the fact he never replied to the apology I sent, I was incredibly anxious to see him.

__

"Hey," I greet my best friend and his girlfriend at our regular table for lunch. It's at the quietest end of the downstairs cafeteria, away from the crowd of teenagers lining up for lunch.
The three of us, and typically Oliver, always bring a packed lunch so we can avoid spending half our break waiting for food that is not even half the quality.

"Hey, how was your exam?" Marty queries, taking a bite of his infamous cheese and tomato toasted sandwich.

"Absolutely awful. Don't ever want to talk about it, let's move on," I explain with a half-hearted chuckle, taking my own lunch out from my backpack.
I spent majority of the exam wishing I were getting drunk or high instead, which I'm aware is not at all good, but it didn't stop the thought from being at the front of my mind. It seemingly has been any time I feel even the slightest bit overwhelmed.

"Noted," he responds. "Where's Oliver? You two usually come to lunch together."

"Don't want to talk about that either," I speak in a more melancholy tone.

"Did something happen?" He pries.

I send him a playful glare, "What did I just say?"

"Right, sorry."

Asha giggles lightly at him before focusing her attention on me. "Hey, I'm having a birthday party next Saturday if wanna come? It's at my house and you're welcome to stay the night if you want," she offers, a kind smile resting on her lips.

"Thank you," I return the smile, "I'll have to ask Scarlett but I'd love to."

If you told me two months ago that my response was genuine, I most definitely would not have believed you, but Asha and I don't just tolerate each other anymore, we've grown to almost be actual friends.

"Great," she speaks in a chirpy manner before resuming her task of devouring her salad.

"Hey," Marty nods his head upward to a figure I feel coming up behind me. Instinctively, I turn my head and am met with an anxious looking Oliver.

He smiles down at me before acknowledging Marty.

"I need to talk to you," he then proceeds to tell me in a quieter voice.

With a nod, I reach into my backpack to take out my phone and wallet with full intention of paying him for the drugs I begged him to give me on Friday, before standing from my chair and following him out the cafeteria.