CHAPTER 2. Cold night and abandoned dolls.

It's dawn in Kuruzu, and the strong winds of that cold morning scratch the walls of Minji's house, she wakes up and curls up in bed due to the cold air in her room. The wind is strong and noisy probably due to the amount of trees around the house.

POV Minji:
I got up and went down, as I walked through the first floor of my new house, the floor was freezing and the wind was hitting the windows, which was a little uncomfortable, but as it was my first day at the new school, I couldn't lie down anymore.
My train of thought was interrupted when I arrived in the kitchen and heard my parents arguing the night before, when I heard my mother say:
- Just control yourself, you keep running your feet over me at night and it's too cold for those games.
- Because I don't remember doing that, seriously, you must be dreaming.
"I remember very well waking up and seeing you moving beside me.
- I could only be preparing and I ended up getting in the way.
"You know how I hate waking up at night, just be more careful.
My father laughed and hugged my mother as he told her that she was going to buy a bigger bed. I ignored the awkward argument they were having as I walked into the kitchen, "Good morning, Mom and Dad. They turned to me as my mother smiled and replied, "Minji, take a shower and don't be late for school."
"I know, I'll get ready."
As I headed for the door, my mother informed me of her business trip with my father, the trip would last at least three days. I was emotional, I couldn't lie, being alone at home for three days, it was a lot of responsibility, but I wanted to show my parents that I would be fine.
- Let's leave an emergency number on the fridge, it's an event in the neighboring town, it'll be quick so be careful. When you come back from school today, we'll still be here, we'll go out into the night.
I had to stay neutral even though I was excited, I was never one to get into trouble when I was alone, and I didn't want to see my mom mad either. "Don't worry, I love you and I'll be fine."

***

I was now facing my new class, the room wasn't very big and most of the students were talking and not paying much attention to the teacher who introduced me.
- I'm Miss Satou, your teacher, please go to one of the empty chairs and be silent, I'll start the class.
As I sat down, I could hear the teacher complaining about how she couldn't take teaching in this town anymore. I sat at one of the empty tables next to the window when a girl nudged my arm and introduced herself: - I'm Hanni and you're Minji, right? I gave a small smile and replied, "Yes, it's a pleasure." A girl who looked younger than Hanni also greeted me with a smile, she looked talkative: - I'm Lee Hyein, let's be friends Minji? When I was about to answer, Ms. Satou caught everyone's attention with a bang on the table: - Shut up you brats, I'm going to start the first period!!!
Everyone in the room got scared and shut up when Hanni looked at me laughing at Hyein and the younger girl looked kind of upset with her teacher.

***
The break siren went off and everyone ran out of the room to buy lunch, but I stayed in the room because I always bring my lunch and I saw the teacher leave mumbling as usual. I noticed that Hanni and Hyein had stayed and approached my table. Hanni seemed like an energetic person and so did Hyein, the type of person who loves to talk.
- Minji, I heard that you were transferred from another country, this is crazy. Hanni started talking as she sat down in the chair across from mine and turned to face me. I replied: - Yes, I didn't think I would come to a small town, in fact I didn't even know this place existed.
- We don't blame you, when I moved here I thought there was going to be at least one mall. Hyein replied by pulling up a chair next to me. Hanni shook her head negatively and smiled at me: - Hyein and I are friends and there are two more but I don't know if they came today.
- Alright, I think we'll have time to get to know each other and I also want to be your friend Hyein. The youngest gave a wide smile and jumped on her chair: - I knew it, the witch Satou didn't let me finish talking.
As we were talking, two girls entered the room and walked towards us. Both were very beautiful and one of them had a look that I had never seen before, it reminded me of a cat. One of them looked at me and introduced herself as Danielle, she had a very pretty smile and I automatically smiled back at her: - I'm Minji, it's a pleasure. She squeezed my hand and then the other girl also introduced herself to me as Haerin, smiling and pulling Hyein's ears, playing with her. The conversation flowed and everyone started to introduce themselves and talk about how they hated the weather in the city and the stories, while we talked we ate our snacks and the bell rang again.

Yes, I think I started well, on the mission to make new friends.

***

On the way out of school, we parted ways when Hanni offered to go with me, as her house was apparently in the same direction as mine

On the way out of school, we parted ways when Hanni offered to go with me, as her house was apparently in the same direction as mine. We started walking and talking about the school when the woods around us on the road began to close, then a strange silence began to form between me and Hanni: - Have you lived in the city for a long time? forest.
- Yes, actually my parents moved here when I was younger, this city attracts a lot of tourists.
"That's interesting, and where did you live?"
"Hey Minji, watch out!"
I suddenly tripped and almost fell, when I calmed down from the near-fall and Hanni laughed at me. "You tripped badly there."
"What was that on the floor?"
Hanni and I retraced my steps and saw a doll buried in the forest floor beside the highway. She only had her head sticking out of the hole and she was very dirty. - What the hell is this? Hanni asked me as she nudged the doll with her foot. - Leave it in place, maybe someone buried it there, I don't know. As Hanni and I were discussing the doll, an elderly gentleman suddenly appeared. He was dressed in an old overalls and with a very angry face:
"Pests, I'll warn you just once, this is my property and I don't want little pests coming into my forest and burying their toys here!"
Hanni tried to reason with the old man, but he didn't even let her finish:
- We didn't bury this here!
- I don't care, go away, it's the city's fault for having made a trail that passes through my land, now get out!
- Can hear...!!!!
Before Hanni could finish the sentence and piss the old man off even more, I took her by the arm and asked the old man for forgiveness for trespassing on his property, while Hanni mumbled about how it was wrong not to judge people. I looked back and the man continued to stare at us, until we could no longer see him in the forest.

***
Sorry for the spelling mistakes, if I missed any.
Please leave your vote. ;)