Chapter 23. The Human Monster.

The wind blew in the closed space where there shouldn't be any wind, and the candles that had gone out lit up as if by magic, illuminating the room. The girls turned around and saw someone or something hooded holding the unconscious Hyein.

- Hyein!!!

The girls exclaimed as they turned.

Now, finally, they were face to face with the culprit of everything. Would it be another copy? Or something much worse?

Narrator's POV

The room regained the candlelight, and the girls' eyes focused on the mysterious hooded figure who had brought Hyein back to the room, now unconscious. Though unconscious, Hyein seemed to be fine, just sleeping. The hooded figure was tall, and their black cloak covered their face, leaving only their mouth visible in the dark cloak. The monster doll behind them seemed petrified and didn't move in the presence of the mysterious person.

The girls took steps back and silently watched the one who seemed to be responsible for all. Minji finally seemed to be facing the one behind all her recent nightmares. Then Minji approached and said:

— Who are you, and what have you done to Hyein?

The mysterious figure looked at Minji and seemed to smile, then said:

— I am the one who brings the night and carries revenge with me.

The girls didn't understand the riddle, but that voice was familiar. The tension of the moment didn't allow them to recognize it immediately. Then Hanni took a step forward and said:

— After all, who the hell are you really?

The mysterious figure approached the group of friends once again. They had placed Hyein on the floor, still unconscious. They looked at the girls and started laughing while slowly taking off their coat and placing it on the floor. Now revealed before them was Professor Satou, who looked at the girls with a mocking smile on her face as she spoke:

— I hope I didn't scare you, brats, tonight.

The group was paralyzed. Everyone knew that Professor Satou was strict and very rigorous during classes, but orchestrating all this was out of the question. Minji looked around in disbelief at what was happening. Hanni seemed worried about having to face her teacher until yesterday, Haerin watched Hyein, who was still close to Satou, and Danielle glared angrily at the older woman in front of them, who seemed amused. For the first time, Professor Satou was smiling, as if she had received a job promotion.

Satou looked at the monster doll behind the girls and made a strange hand gesture for the doll to follow her. The doll moved as if coming back to life and blocked the exit of the secret room.

Everyone noticed that Professor Satou didn't intend to let them go easily.

— Let's see... What should I do with you meddling kids...?

Satou walked around the room as if she knew the place well, and the girls' eyes followed her as if expecting the worst.

— Do you really think that after all the trouble you gave me tonight, I would let you go easily, as if nothing happened?

She smiled at the group and walked to the altar.

— That's the problem with kids thinking the world is a fairy tale and that, in the end, the power of friendship will solve everything. Hahaha!!!

She laughed amused and stopped in front of the altar. She held the book that Hyein had been guarding in her hands, probably stolen from the girl. Hanni sighed in frustration at the audacity of the older woman and shouted angrily: