Chapter 6. I'm paranoid here alone.

Pov Minji

I'm home now, alone...

My parents said they would be gone for three days but honestly I'm a little worried, last night I got a text message from my mom saying my dad sprained his ankle and they were in a hospital trying to sort it out and it was probably going to take longer a few days for them to come back.
She said she didn't call me sooner because she couldn't get a signal from the city she was in and told me to be sensible. At first I was happy to have this house to myself, but now I just want someone to keep me company. I've been trying to forget some obsessive thoughts I've been having lately, ever since Haerin and I saw that doll in the woods, I've been feeling weird. I can no longer go to the kitchen to drink water at night without thinking strange things and feeling afraid, I wasn't like that.

Why be afraid if you know you're alone... right?

Those agonizing tapping noises are back and I tended to ignore them at first, but now they're proof that your problems won't go away if you just ignore them. It's strange to explain my feelings, but has anyone ever had the feeling of someone walking behind you? But by not following you, I mean literally something leaning against your body as you walk...that's how I feel when I go anywhere in this damn house.
I curl my feet on the bed, I'm already in my room lying down with my new companion, who I haven't let go of since that night, my old metal shovel. I wanted to leave the house, call the girls, I don't want to be alone here...

As if my wishes were granted, my phone beeped a message, I picked it up from the nightstand next to my bed, it's Hanni.
HanniPham: Miinji ah, did you hear that Dani is kind of sick? (╥﹏╥)
(09:00 AM)

I quickly scrolled through her message. Is Dani sick too? How oddly well she looked. I didn't see her at the end of this week, but today is Friday, she didn't have class because of a teachers' meeting, I heard that teacher Satou couldn't come to the meeting either because she was sick. I quickly wrote to Hanni:
MinjiKim: This is bad, I hope Dani gets better and comes back to us. (✿◠‿◠)
(09:01 AM)

HanniPham: Yes! Dani is so bubbly she is the joy of our group, it's weird when she's not with us. \ (•◡•) /
(09:02 AM)

MinjiKim: I agree with you, she is sorely missed.
(╥﹏╥) (09:02 AM)

HanniPham: I'm bored with nothing to do, and you're there with this huge house all to yourself, I envy you. (◉_◉)
(09:02 AM)

I looked around my room and thought, my God, Hanni barely knows what I'm thinking right now.
MinjiKim: If you were here, you wouldn't want to be alone in such a big house. (╥﹏╥)
(09:03 AM)

HanniPham: My poor Minji ah... I know! I'll stop by Hyein and Haerin's house and I'll drag everyone to their place, let's have fun all afternoon. \ (•◡•) /
(09:05)

Before I could respond, Hanni went offline. But I sighed and thought, It's really nice to have friends.
MinjiKim: Thank you Hanni. (✿◠‿◠)
(09:05)

***

This would be the first time my friends had come to my house and I was nervous about showing them this old house. But having company scared me less, pushing the thoughts from my mind. I got out of bed and grabbed my shovel. I went downstairs and went to the first floor to wait for the girls at the front door, I left my shovel behind the door.

It made no difference to me either outside or inside the house. It was still scary, and the sound of forest winds didn't help.

- What the hell! Because I don't see magic in things anymore, everything is so sad.

I said as I continued trying to think of positive things to distract myself from the environment I found myself in. When after a while, I heard what sounded like a bicycle approaching.
My heart started to race as I tried to keep my breathing calm, damn if someone screamed now I'm sure they would die of fright.
I opened the gates to my residence and saw what appeared to be Haerin approaching on a bicycle.
- Cheerfully.
I smiled at the thought and seeing how paranoid I was getting in this house alone.

Haerin walked over and stopped the bike in front of me without saying anything, making her famous eye contact, which cut through anything in front of her. I was feeling uncomfortable that Haerin's silence and stare wasn't helping the mood, what happened to her, did I grow another head or a tail, as I scrutinized myself I decided to say something.

- I thought you would come with Hanni and Hyein.

- Hanni texted me and told me to go ahead while she went to find Hyein and buy some sweets to bring back.

I smiled and sighed.

- Wow, that's cool, Hanni is kind, it's been a while since she ate sweets.
As if ignoring my answer, Haerin got off her bike and leaned against the wall of my house, she seemed lost in thought. But I don't blame her. Haerin always seemed to be very attentive.

When I was going to ask if she was okay, she stopped me and said smiling:

"I'm very pretty, don't you think?"

-!?...(◉_◉)

I didn't know what to say, she had an arrogant tone to her voice and didn't look at me as she spoke.

"I realized this this morning when I looked in the mirror.

She said and continued smiling with her thoughts far from me. When I was about to say that I didn't understand, I heard Hanni shout:

- Minji aahh! What a big slope, I thought we were going to climb forever.
Hanni hugged me finally drawing Haerin's attention to me, while Hyein also ran towards us with a bag in her hand that looked like it was full of sweets.

- It is not much?

I asked as I looked at the younger girl and Hanni pulled away from me.

- Unnie what are you talking about sweet never quite the opposite will keep us connected.
Hyein answered me and walked through the front gate.

- I agree.

Said Hanni following the younger girl and entering my house followed by Haerin who was dragging her bike as if nothing had happened as she smiled.
I was nervous and almost forgetting how strange Haerin was a few seconds ago, maybe she has a very high self-esteem, honestly I wanted to be like that too.
I closed the gates after everyone was inside and opened the front door for the girls to come in and see my nightmare... I mean, my house and my living room.
"I don't know if we're going to have as much fun as you'd like, Hanni, but we can try. I said as I motioned for the others to sit on the couch in the living room.
- With me here, I highly doubt the fun won't appear, let's brighten up your funeral home Minji ah.
She answered me as she sat down and spread out on my couch. Haerin looked around the entire house like she was judging me by the minute and sat down crossing her legs. Hyein seemed more interested in the sweets and sat down already opening the bag and eating some.

I really hope the weather improves this afternoon.

***
Please forgive the spelling errors. Leave your vote. And comments are welcome.