Chapter 5. I'm Afraid.

Haerin's point of view:

     I got home from school and went straight to my room.  I'm currently lying on my bed looking up at the roof.  How boring, I have nothing to do after I arrived.  I sent Danielle a message but she hasn't seen it yet, Hanni said she would be busy this weekend and Hyein is probably rushing to finish the work that teacher Satou gave her class.  Then a name came to mind:
     Minji...
     Is she busy or something?  .
     After some time of the cell phone calling non-stop, Minji finally answered me:
     — Unnie finally you answered!
     "Are you Haerin?"
     “Sure, I'm bored.  I wanted to go out with someone, are you too busy?
     "No, actually I just finished Ms. Satou. And actually I was going to call one of you, it's kind of lonely being alone in this big house.
     "Your parents will be back soon, won't they?"
     — I think so, they didn't even call me to say if they arrived all right or to ask if I'm okay.
     - I understand...
     “But they usually do that and come back like nothing happened.
     — Okay, now let's go out and do something, I can't stand to stay at home anymore.
     "Okay, where are we?"
     "How about on the hillside driveway of your house?"  So I don't need to go to your house and neither do you to mine, I have a bicycle so I'll come.
     — Good tip, I'm going to use mine too, I hope your pineu isn't punctured, I haven't used it in a while.
     - All right, see you there.

***

After cycling half of the city I reached the hill and Minji was already waiting for me, as we didn't know where to go, I decided to show her the city.  So I pedaled while Minji followed on his rusty bicycle.
       — It surprises me that his motorcycle can still take you somewhere Minji.  I yelled at the girl behind me as she laughed.
       — Do not underestimate my Haerin machine, this marvel has never let me down.  Minji answered me smiling and pedaling faster behind me.
       When I saw her approaching, I accelerated my movements and we started a small run through the city, when I realized that we were on the forest road.  The glow that Minji had on her face started to fade when she saw the direction we were going and said:
       “It was further along that Hanni and I saw the doll.

  The glow that Minji had on her face started to fade when she saw the direction we were going and said:       “It was further along that Hanni and I saw the doll

       I smiled at the thought of seeing the doll and slowed down my bike as I followed Minji who pedaled listlessly.
       — You know Minji Unnie, I love horror stories with ghosts and mysteries, I always find it fun to watch things like that, it's funny how the protagonists of these stories are idiots.  I said to the older girl, who looks at me, as she pedals down the road.
       — I don't think it's funny, people with thoughts like yours are the first to fail and do very badly in horror movies.
       I laughed at Minji's statement, who was probably just scared, but I thought it best to just ignore it, when suddenly she stopped pedaling and said:
       — Haerin!!!  Look at that damn tree!
       I stopped the bike abruptly, when Minji screamed, I looked at the tree she had pointed to, when I saw a rag doll with a nail in its chest attached to a big old tree.
       - Nonsense!  Let's get out of here, I hate this forest.
       Minji said trying to drag her bike, that's when I grabbed her arm and tried to calm her down.
       — Unnie, don't be a coward, the doll can't do anything to us.
       After so many looks Minji gave me and the doll, she sighed and said:
       “Okay, Haerin, I think I overdid it a bit.

I tried to hold back my laughter as I patted her on the back to continue reassuring the older girl.  When an idea came to mind:
          "Shall we approach?"  I said making eye contact with Minji.
          - What!?  no way.
          — Minji Unnie, don't tell me you're afraid of a simple rag doll?
          She looked away from my eye contact and looked everywhere in the forest but at me, I couldn't resist smiling, her fear amuses me sometimes.
          "I-I-I'm not scared, I just don't like to play around with these things, but if you want to take a closer look, I'm fine with that."
          She ended the communication in ecstasy and I didn't wait any longer, we dropped the bikes on the side of the road and approached the tree.  The tree was old, but something caught my attention the doll looked new, just bought.
          “The doll looks like it was placed here a few days ago.
          Minji agreed with what I said without taking her eyes off the doll, she started walking around the tree and said:
          “Haerin, there's a note here, stuck with another nail.
          When I approached Minji and looked at what she had said, I saw that there was a note on the trunk of the plant that said:

              “Just come home next month.”

          How odd, I thought to myself, why would anyone say that to a doll?  — Great, we've seen everything now, it's better we continue our walk, don't you think Dona Courage Kang, before the lord who owns the forest wants to charge us for this doll here.
          Minji said as she ran back and grabbed her bike, looking at me.  “Okay, Miss Scary Kim.  I replied looking at her, she just rolled her eyes and waited for me.  Before leaving I took a photo of the note and the tree with the doll.  I ran to my bicycle, Minji and I then headed out onto the road to continue our ride.
          But honestly who will be the person behind these dolls.

***
Outbreak of strange ideas... :)

Please forgive spelling errors.  Leave your vote.  And comments are welcome.