Chapter 7- Sophie

Sophie's POV

Okay this is not right. I'm just dreaming that's it!! This kid told me to bring him to Manhattan and I would get Keefe back. Could I trust him though?

I mean he is impersonating my boyfriend, but I felt I could.

I opened the drawer that grabbed Keefes illegally owned pathfinder. Alright. Am I sure I wanna do this?

I still don't understand why but yes.

I walked out and Kee- no Percy was holding his head looking like he wanted to pass out.

"Percy? You okay?" I asked alarmed.

He looked up. "I-I don't know. Let's just get to Manhattan."

"Okay. If you are telling the truth you've never light leaped have you?" I asked.

"Done what now?"

"Ok. Well unfortunately then we can't light leap. I don't want to risk one of us fading. Luckily there is a cliff nearby. Can you show me where you want to go?"

"Uh how do I do that?" He asked.

"I'm a telepath so just give me permission and I can see."

"Ok you have permission; but how do I make sure you don't see anything you'll regret seeing?"

"Just focus on where you wanna go."

He nodded and I entered his mind. It was not to different from an elves mind but it was harder to get in. Once I got in I got a view of an apartment complex. Let's hope this works.

...

"On the count of three jump!" I told him.

"Ok," he did a double-take. "Wait what?!"

"Three!" I shouted before he could ask anything else or run.

We were halfway down when I teleported us. Unfortunately the image from Percys mind didnt work. Instead I teleported us to the Empire State building.

Percy was breathing heavily by now. He still looked sick.

"What.....was.....that?" He asked between breaths.

"I teleported us." I said simply.

He looked at me weird but shook it off. We both looked around.

"Ok good news is I know how to get home from here. Bad news it would take a while without a drachma, and I don't think my dad will be too happy with the alternative. Or Zeus. Or really anyone for that matter."

"What's your plan?" I asked.

He smirked. It didn't look right but he went on anyways, "follow me."

We entered the Empire State building and Percy asked for the 600th floor--I didn't think that even existed.

The guy looked up and said, "No such floor kid."

"Percy he's ri-" I was cut off by Percy.

"I need to see Poseidon." Percy said not giving up.

The guy looked us over then pressed a button and the elevator opened.

"Thanks!" I told him as Percy stalked off.

Me and Percy walked into the elevator and the doors closed behind us.