Chapter 17- Percy

Percy's POV

Getting to the lost cities was not as fun as it sounds. I felt sick to my stomach when we glittered into view of the ginormous mansion. It wasn't me I was worried about, however. Annabeth looked extremely pale and collapsed to the ground.

"Annabeth?!" I shouted. There wasn't any response. I looked around for the others and spotted them not far away crouched over Sophie. Annabeth looked almost translucent.

Luckily more help came from the big mansion on the property.

The woman's gasp could be heard from about 10 feet away from the door. "I'll hail Elwin. Grady, you help them." The woman said running back into the house.

Grady ran over to Sophie and the others.

Great, I thought. I'm still on my own.

Luckily Sandor convinced Grady to come help me. He helped me carry Annabeth to a couch in the house. I was followed by Keefe carrying Sophie.

"What the heck happened?!" I shout-asked.

"Sophie must've used too much concentration when she leaped us," My anger dropped when I saw how pale Keefe was. Not in the way Sophie and Annabeth were but I could tell this had happened before. And it wasn't good...

"What does that mean?" I asked dropping my voice.

"It means they faded. Sophie not much but Annabeth doesn't look too good."

Just then a brown-haired man walked in. He had crazy hair that matched his crazy outfit. He wore a purple shirt with some sort of grey creature on it. The matching grey creature bonded in after him.

"I swear I get more house calls for Sophie than anyone else I've ever met." The man said flashing a light over Sophie.

Annabeth groaned drawing my attention back to her. The little grey creature was lying next to her now. She also looked way more pale.

The man looked up and asked, "Where'd Bullhorn go?"

"You mean your little creature thing?" I asked pointing to where he lay next to Annabeth.

The man looked over and gasped."Oh, that's not good. Not good at all."

Keefe was also considerably more pale.

"What? What's so bad?" I asked urgently.

"Banshees only lay next to people close to death..." Keefe said.

When the thought registered I felt my knees turn to rubber and the ground came close to my face. Luckily the ogre was ready and grabbed me putting me down in a chair.

"She'll be okay though. Right?"

Keefe shook his head. "Sophie's come back from it a couple of times but I- I'm not sure. All I know is Elwin will do his best. Right elwin?"

Keefe turned to the man but I didn't hear his reply, I was to busy trying not to pass out.

I had to focus on breathing for a minute. I couldn't lose Annabeth. She was my whole world. I'd sacrifice myself for her in a second.

When I regained myself I saw Keefe sitting watching Sophie.

Elwin was still flashing lights around Annabeth's face.

He force-fed Annabeth a bottle of something, and Bullhorn stood up. The banshee then ran around screaming and I looked at Keefe who sighed in relief.

"I take it that's a good thing?" I asked.

"She's not in the clear just yet but she's not on the verge of death anymore," Elwin stated.

I internally sighed when Elwin said that. She was going to be okay. At least for now.