Chapter 19- Sophie

Sophie's POV

I have to admit, calling Fitz for help was not exciting. I hadn't talked to him since we broke up and now I was dating his best friend. I mean how would you react?

Never-the-less I hailed Fitz. I waited for Fitz to pick up trying to think of what I would say. I had decided to keep it simple when he finally answered.

"Sorry I didn't answer sooner. What's up?" He asked.

I looked over at Percy who was looking between me, Keefe, and the inparter, no doubt trying to figure out why it seemed like I really didn't want to make the call.

I sighed. "I really need my cognate right now. It's for something that's probably really stupid but Grady and Sandor won't let me do it without backup. I know you hate me-"

"Sophie," Fitz said cutting me off. "Why would you ever think I hated you?"

"You haven't talked to me since... Well you know."

Fitz sighed. "I never meant to make you think I hated you I just- Its awkward you know."

I nodded with a smile I couldn't hold back. Maybe this wasn't going to be as bad as I thought.

Percy cleared his throat reminding me of the task at hand.

"Right, I need to save someone from fading but Grady and Sandor wont let me try unless you're here." I said flat-out.

"I agree with them. I'll be there in a minute. Mind if Biana comes shes been dying to see you for a while." Fitz asked.

I chuckled. "I don't mind. See you soon."

We hung up and I sighed of relief. "That went better then I expected."

"He also doesn't know I'm even here..." Keefe said.

I sighed. That wasn't going to be a fun conversation.

Soon there was a knock on the door and Edaline let Fitz amd Biana in.

"Keefe, I didn't know you were here." Biana said surprised.

"Well should we do this incredibly stupid task?" Fitz asked shining his movie-star smile.

"Fitz meet Percy," I gestured to Annabeth. "Thats his girlfriend Annabeth."

Percy nodded. "Think you can help her?"

"With Sophie? Heck yeah." Fitz said making me blush.

"Well? What are you waiting for?" Percy asked impatiently.

I wish I had someone who cared about me that much.

I looked over at Keefe and remembered I did. Keefe was always and I mean always going to be there for me no matter what.

I was so lost in thought I missed what Fitz said. Everyone was looking at me as if I had been asked a question.

"I'm sorry what?" I asked sheepishly.

Keefe chuckled. "Oh Foster."

I smiled lightly. I noticed Biana's eyes were darting between me and Keefe suspiciously. Me and her locked eyes and she sent me a questioning look. She opened her mouth to say something but I transmitted,

Please don't say anything. I'll explain later.

She nodded slightly and sent me a look that said, you better.

I honestly was so cuaght up in my own drama I momentarily forgot about Annabeth unti Percy said, "guys? Remember why you're here?"

"Riight sorry. Let's do shall we?" I looked questionaly at Fitz. He nodded and I swallowed back my nervousness. 

I took a deep breath and looked at Keefe, then to Percy and Annabeth. Annabeth was counting on me. I had to make this work.

Me and Fitz were about to jump into Annabeth's mind when a thought knocked me back a step.

What me and Fitz were fractured as cognates. That could ruin the whole thing. Fitz could get stuck. I couldn't do this. I couldn't make him do this.

My thoughts were spiraling out of control when I felt the comforting blue breeze clear my head. My vision cleared and I realized I had somehow ended up sitting on the couch. Keefe was looking p at me from his crched posion on the floor. 

He gave me a worried look. "You okay Foster?"

I nodded, but Keefe didn't seem convinced.

"I don't know if we should do this Sophie. We don't even know if it ould work and somethings obviously wrong," Fitz chimed in.

"No. We have to help. Annabeth's my friend Fitz, I have to help her." I stood more determined then ever. 

Keefe stood his hand still in mine. "Are you sure about this?"

"Yes," I said determined

This time Keefe looked convinced. I turned bacck to Fitz and noticed him staring at Me and Keefe's interlocked hands. I quickly dropped Keefes hand even if it had been somewhat comforting.

"Let's do  this," I said getting back into a position next to Annabeth.

When Fitz nodded he was ready we dived into Annabeth's mind unsure of what we would find.