Decay

♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎

"..."
"Rui,"
Selena grabs Rui's wrist, looking stern. Rui gulped.  

"What have you been hiding from me?" Selena asked. "Y/n told me everything."
Rui flinched. "... everything?" He asked. Selena nodded. "Everything. She said that you were attacked by Densuke Fukuda when you were 6," she replied. "Why were you hiding this from me? Is that the reason you have bangs covering your eye?"

♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♡

Rui stayed silent and refused to respond. "What else are you hiding from me?" Selena asked, letting go of his wrist. Rui looked at her. "Umi—" "You don't get to call me that anymore," Selena hissed. "It's Megumi or Selena. No longer Umi."

Rui widened his eyes.

♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♡♡

"Megumi, I'm sorry—" he sobbed. "I didn't mean to hide this from you... I just wanted to protect you..."

"Look where that got you," Selena said bluntly. Rui looked at her and covered his mouth. "MEGUMI!" he exclaimed. Selena had a red spider lily in her left eye, blood covering her right and dripping from her mouth. She lost an arm and had a large cut coming out of her chest.

Rui cried in terror. "I'M SORRY!" He cried, kneeling. "I'm sorry..."

♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♡♡♡

"If you are so sorry, why didn't you save me earlier?" Selena asked, tilting her head. "I thought you loved me."

♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♡♡♡♡

Rui froze. "I— I—"
"Of course... you love her, don't you?" Selena asked. "What? Who?" Rui asked. "You forgot her? You kissed her... in front of me..." Selena said.

"WHAT?" Rui asked in disbelief. "I LOVE YOU ONLY!"

"That's what I thought before," Selena said. "I don't trust you... not anymore, Rui Ayaki..."

♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♡♡♡♡♡

Rui closed his eyes and opened them again, seeing Selena next to him. They were at Magic Kingdom. "What? How did we get here?!" Rui asked.

"I want to show you... what you've done..." Selena said. Rui looked forward. He widened his eyes. He was kissing a girl... that looked oddly familiar...

"Yuri..." Rui mumbled. "Yuri? What a beautiful name for such a beautiful girl," Selena said. "Why... how..." Rui said, tears rolling down his face. "You ruined me... are you happy now?" Selena asked, facing Rui.

"What?" Rui replied, the area burning to ashes.

♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♡♡♡♡♡♡

"I asked. Are you happy now?" Selena repeated. Rui shook. "No! What makes you think I am?!"

"You kept secrets from me... you lied to me so many times... you kissed a girl right in front of me. It's like this is a chess game. I'm your pawn. You've done this like you hate me..." Selena replied, widening her eyes slowly.

♥︎♥︎♥︎♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

"What did I do to make you hate me?" Selena asked, clenching her fist. "What did I do to make you kiss another girl?! What did I do to you!? What?!"

Rui stayed silent.
"I'M TRYING! I MAY NOT BE THE SMARTEST LIKE MICHIKO!! I MAY NOT BE THE BEST ARTIST LIKE KOYUKI!! I MAY NOT BE AS BEAUTIFUL AS Y/N! BUT I AM TRYING! I JUST WANT ACCEPTANCE! IS IT THAT MUCH TO ASK?!" Selena asked, tears rolling down her face.

Rui sniffed as he cried, listening to Selena. "I'M WORKING HARD! EVERY TIME! I FEEL LIKE MY REAL PARENTS LEFT MY BROTHER AND TWIN TO ROT BECAUSE OF ME! PEOPLE MAKE ME FEEL WORTHLESS INSIDE!"

Rui stood up. "WELL I DON'T!" he shouted. "I ALWAYS TREAT YOU WITH LOVE AND CARE! I DIDN'T WANT TO TELL YOU MY SECRETS BECAUSE YOU MAY HATE ME FOR WHAT I HAD IN THE PAST! WHAT I'VE DONE IN THE PAST!"

"IF YOU TREATED ME WITH LOVE AND CARE WHY DIDN'T YOU SAVE ME?!" Selena asked. "I WAS ATTACKED! I WAS SO SICK! I WAS COUGHING BLOOD! SOME BASTARD ATTACKED ME AND YOU WEREN'T THERE! YOU BROKE A VERY IMPORTANT PROMISE!"

♥︎♥︎♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

"What promise was that?" Rui asked.

♥︎♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

"To protect and love me..." Selena said, red spider lilies growing on her.

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

Rui sputtered, shaking as tears dropped down to the floor. "I'm... so... sorry," he sniffed.

"I'm so sorry..."

"Please..."

"No..."

"Not her..."

♥︎

"Not anyone..."