Chapter Nine: The Reason

Beck Oliver

The worst thing that could ever happen to me, had already happen.

The possibility that could not only ruin my image in the campus but possible can ruin my relationship to Tori.

But the only way I could possibly can survive this is to think of a plan to finish this play without anything that could possibly backfire.

All I have to do is to control this situation.

I hesitated. What am I thinking? Not good to see two rivals in one place, especially when there roles are actually rivals.

I can't believe the script is all about fighting for love.

I would love the script and it's actually a masterpiece.

But it would be perfect if Tori is my partner not Jade.

Why her anyway? Her acting is good and all but I don't see why Sikowitz choose her over Tori.

Maybe he is Psycho for choosing Jade.

Ugh. My entire year will be a big blast.

The next day. I was really shocked when I found out that Tori role is the anti protagonist. The other woman.

She was about to quit that role but then Sikowitz stop her.

"Why on earth do you want to quit?" he ask.

"Because... I don't think I'm cut out for this role." she reason.

Sikowitz frown and then grinned at her.

"But then Tori, this role wil be the opportunity for your acting career."

Tori raise her eyebrows "Go on."

"Do you ever get bored of your 'leading lady' character? The goody two-shoe type?" he ask with a hint of annoyance.

"Hmm.... Well no. But then again.."

"See. This school year I want you to try be on a different role, not because Jade is better than you but because I want both of you to experience the different roles." he explain.

Wait what? I want to disagree but Sikowitz does have a point there. It could help Tori experience other roles and improve in the process.

"What if you were choose to have the opportunity to have a leading role of a wicked witch? A total bad guy? Not all leading stars have to be good you know." he explain.

He does have a point.

"Maybe you're right. Okay I'll do it." she assures.

"That's a good girl. Now we have to wait for Jade's decision."

"Wait, Jade haven't decided whether she wants to or not?" I asked.

Well that's a shocker.

"Well it's not that she already decided on the role but she will." he proudly announce but with a hint of worried on his tone. "She will."

"How can you be so sure?" Tori ask with a hint of relief.

"Because she needs to. If she don't want the role then she fail on my class."

She failed? That's a bit harsh but that sounds good news to me. I see Tori smile a bit.

"Don't get excited too quickly. Were not so sure if she declined it or accepted it." he quickly say.

We leave the room for a little bit so Tori and I go outside for a brief break.
"Uh Tori, Are you sure you're okay for the role?" I ask bluntly.

She hesitated and said, "It's okay really. I might need a new experience when it comes to acting you know."

Its not okay for me. I want Tori for that role. To be my leading lady. Not some Gothic witch.

Then Tori look at me as she can read my thoughts.

"It's okay really. You don't have to worry I can handle it." she reassures.

"You won't get jealous?" I tease.

She then change her expression.

"I might not get jealous." she singsongs.

I laugh then took her hand and give it a squeeze.

"I promise you I will not hurt you." I say.

"I know you won't."

After that we headed back to Sikowitz class.

I just realize that I didn't make a decision yet.

Why Sikowitz didn't ask me?

When I approach him and ask, he just stood their and laugh.

"Why are you laughing?" I irritatedly asked.

"Why do I need to ask you when I know you would agree on it. I don't need your opinion."

"But what if I don't want to be in a play anymore. What if - "

"You'd rather failed than to be paired up with Jade? Really Beck, you'd do this just of your selfish needs?" he reacted.

Selfish? Me?

"That is not what I'm trying to say. All I'm saying is why are you so sure of your decision?" I reason.

"Because I know you will and you won't disappoint me." he said as he instruct me to go to sit.

"So you agree on your role?" Robbie ask to me from behind.

"I'll think about it." was my last word because the class is starting.

I know you won't.

I think I can't promise that. I know I dated a lot of girls before Tori but it seems that she is just like all the girls I dated.

She is so nice to people, funny and independent.

I should be lucky to have her but since the school year started, I feel like I'm losing myself.

That sparks I have with Tori is vanishing slowly, just like the other girls I dated and I can't stop this feeling slowly disappearing to her.

I shouldn't be bother. Maybe its just my imagination but whenever I look at her, It's different now.

No no no! I can't be feeling this right now.

I'll support her and prove my love for her. I have already made up my mind.

As soon as the class ended, I hurry go to Tori and ask her if she needs a ride home.

"I'm sorry I can't. Tina is taking me home." she explain.

"It's alright, I'll just ask you some other time." I say as I kiss her.

"Can I get some of those?" Tina said as she interrupted us.

"Tina! Ugh! Okay Beck bye." then they leave.

I wave my hand as I go to the parking lot alone.

When I get there, I was surprise to see Jade. Who is sitting on the hood of my car!

"What do you want now, Jade? And don't sit on my car." I say but she just look at me and smile.

Those innocent smile that can't fool people.

"Oh nothing. I just heard you accepted the role. Why is that?" she ask and still sitting on the hood.

"Nothing that concerns you and get off of my car, that's expensive you know." I demand but she still didn't listen.

"I can't believe you actually accepted that." her smile suddenly drop with a disappoint voice.

"Because I don't want to fail and how about you, you skip class and basically just show up. Did you make a decision yet?" I ask.

This time she got off the hood and walk aimlessly to me.

And her face closer to mine.

"Actually I did and I'm not happy about the outcome of it."