Chapter Twelve: Let's Get it Started!

Jade West

I don't want to do it.
Never will do it.
Nothing will ever convince me to do it.

This day has been a terrible day so far. Not only I lazily been practicing and everyone seems to hate it, which I don't care, but Beck keeps nagging me about that bet Sikowitz force us to do it. It really annoys me. I don't care Sikowitz failed us.

Does this gets any worse?

I think it answer my question when Cat texted me that she went home early because of her Nana.

Great. Just great.

I have two options, It's either I walk home or take a bus. Since I hate sitting next to a stranger, I walk. But since my feet is aching today from all the practice, I'm out of option.

When I'm about to give up and just call my mom, a car suddenly appear right in front of me.

"Hey, need a ride home?" that annoying voice who belongs to Beck ask. Just great.

"No thank you." I sheepishly say while I wave him away.

"If you think this is some ploy to agree with me, you're wrong. I'm just doing this as a friend."

"Friend? Since when? We never hangout before and I hate you."

"Look, I know we don't like each other and we just met but if you willing to never do that bet, maybe we should know each other first." he suggested.

"What? What are you even talking about." I annoyingly ask. What's with him?

"Maybe the reason why Sikowitz doesn't like our chemistry because we don't interact much. We don't know each other and we don't agree much so I thought maybe this might be the opportunity to be close." he reasoned.

I don't trust him.

It's not because I don't trust anyone but the way he just said it, it was obviously forced and his girlfriend is not with him which is weird because she always clings to him like a monkey.

I mean with a boyfriend like Beck, it's understandable why she should keep him close to her.

Hey I'm basically an actress at this point and know if someone is acting or not by now.

Since this is obviously a ploy, I agree. You know, to see where this "conversation" is heading.

He look astonished and suprise by my answer but he quickly keep his cool.

"Really!? I mean sure get inside. Keep yourself comfy." I then get inside his car and seat beside him.

But as I seat beside him, he leans to me which looks like he's going to hug me??

I quickly went to defense mode and push him.

"What the? Why did you push me?" he innocently ask. Pathetic. Like I don't know what you're doing.

"What do you think you're doing?! Back off!" I aggressively reply.

"I was just gonna put the seatbelt on you. I'm sorry if you mistook it for something else." he lamely excuse.

"I can do it myself." I said.

"Sure, I'm sorry again." we then took off and there was just complete silence. Good.

He cleared his throat. "Oh, I forgot to ask but where do you live?"

Typical.

"Just a few blocks from here. You could just drop me in the next turn. I don't want any of the neighbors think your my boyfriend or something." I answered back.