Chapter Thirteen: Breakfast at Tiffany's

Jade West

I wake up and dress myself really early today not because it's Monday, I hate Monday but because I know Beck Oliver will show up at any minute now. For those who don't know, Beck Oliver is now officially my boyfriend. Hurrah!

But after the play, were officially over! Hurrah!

I shouldn't make a fuss about it because I think this is a one of the horrible ideas of Sikowitz but I already agree to it so there is nothing I could change it. Well it's not like we're going to fall in love with each other like some overly use genre of romcom movies, right?! So stupid and cliche.

But it did took me long to realize the bet has already begun and it's obvious that Beck has no idea either that he started it but he already knows now so good for him.

Originally, my plan is to just get this over with and hope for the best but we do know that it won't be always like that. My other option is toying with his emotion for the heck of it but I don't want to risk it. There's already too much drama to deal with but I might consider that option if I ever get annoyed or bored.

So in the end, I decided to just deal with it like a normal and mature person would do: prepare for the worst scenario, deal with it and forget all about it.

I know it's unlike me but Sikowitz told me I should behave for the better of my grades so I could get to my dream college and get to my dream job for the better of my future. I agree ofcourse but I didn't know it would be so painful to bear with it.

I check my window again and I quickly spotted his car on the corner. I quickly check myself in the mirror, get my stuff and hurriedly went downstairs. I don't want them to interrogate him again like last time and my dad is here.

But I was too late, my step mom is already downstairs making breakfast and so is my dad too who is already eating. My step mom sees me and smiled at me. I hate when she smiles.

"Jade, you're up early today. Do you want me to make you breakfast too?" my ever so annoying step mom asked.

"No, I'm not hungry, I'm actually in a hurry so-"

There is suddenly a knock on my door and I suddenly feel ill knowing who it was. I was going to the door first when coincidentally my brother is already leaving, reaching the door knob.

"I get it!" my brother announced.

It was too late for me to reach to the door because my brother already opened it and hold and behold, it's my boyfriend who's at the door.

Maybe I should have texted him first. We never plan anything about this morning pick ups.

"Sweetie, who's at the door?" my step mom asked from the kitchen.

I mouthed my brother and Beck to be quiet about his arrival but seeing my brother smirk, I know what he's up to.
"It's Jade's boyfriend! Beck! You know the guy from yesterday!" he proudly shouted. I'll kill you for this little brother.

"Jade's boyfriend?! Here?! Oh my!" my ever dramatic step mom shouted from the kitchen. This peak my dad's attention. He just happens to finish eating. Got up and get this, he actually greeted Beck! and he then ask, "So you're my daughter's boyfriend. Finally I got to meet you. My wife can't stop talking about you."

I can totally see Beck's nervousness around him. Shouldn't he be used to this? He probably met Tori's dad so why does he feel nervous around him?

Maybe it's a part of his act?

Or Maybe it's just my dad's intimidation look and the tone of his voice scares him. Some people get that a lot.

I got used to see their pathetic reaction.