Chapter Ten: I Bet

Jade West

It was really priceless to see his shock and dumb face.

He seems taking this too seriously. So what if I can't say no to Sikowitz, I need a high grade too you know.

Fine, he keep saying No so I can't.

"So what? Sikowitz make me do it and I need a high grade."

"I really thought you agree on the play because you want to ruined Tori's image." he said.

"Is that really what you think of me? Such a disappointment of you to say that." I said in a disappointed voice.

Actually that's exactly what I agree on. Humiliate Tori is a good idea to be in it.

"So you agree because he won't let you?" he puzzled.

"Um yes, do you really think I want this role? Sikowitz won't even allow me to change characters." I mumbled.

"You too? Sikowitz don't even allow me to change nor quit my character. It's kinda difficult for me you know." he reacted. I was surprise by that.

That was unexpected but I guess I'm not the only one suffering then.

"You know life isn't easy so let it be." I commented.

"Come on, I know you hate it too. Let's team up to change Sikowitz mind." he suggested.

Team up??? I'd rather not.

"Are you crazy? He'll never change his mind." I reacted.

"I know you hate it too. Truce?" he then gesture his hand in front of me.

He really won't give up.

I hesitate. "How badly don't you want me to be your partner, Beck?"

I saw him glitch. Maybe I said something that was disappointing to him.

"It's not like that, it's just...."

"Okay, fine, I'll do it. Just because you feel remorse." I smirked.

"So were cool? No hard feelings? You're okay with it?"

"Okay, alright. Jeez. I just hate the role Sikowitz gave me. You don't have to be hysterical about it." He is so annoying. He is getting to my nerves already.

After that he left and now, I think we just became friends.

Yeah, not gonna happen.

This is practically my first time to be in the practice with them and everyone is basically staring at me.

Not expecting this but who cares.

I just need to chat with Sikowitz.

Tell him that this play is ridiculous.

Then quit the play.

Simple as that.

But it was harder than I thought

"What do you mean I can't quit!?!?" I screamed in shock.

"Jade, we've been over this. I can't let you quit because you are perfect." he explained.

"Are you kidding me? Perfect protagonist? Me? Since when do you think I am perfect to be on the good side?" I objected.

"Oh Jade, it's not in the appearance of a person you have to based if she is a good or a bad person."

"I don't get it." Really I don't.

"Of course you don't. Okay let's start practicing!"

Then he leave me standing there while I have no clue what to say to him. Well that was not a success plan to beg.