Chapter Fourteen: Bad Romance

Beck Oliver

So far so good with the date that I never actually plan it to begin with.

Good job me.

But Jade seems so distracted today and I wanted to ask her about that but I don't want to ruin the mood.

She was just okay in the beginning but I see that she's getting uncomfortable by the minute. She doesn't show it but it's there.

The Diner is great and we're eating their famous bacon and eggs. The place and the food is perfect. Jade doesn't seem to enjoy either of it as the time moves on.

What happen? Did I do something to upset her? She love the place! I thought she would be pleased about it.

Guess she's bored? Secretly hated it? Messing with me? I don't understand girls. Girls are confusing sometimes.

But I don't want us to go to school looking like we had a fight. I have to step up my game. Sikowitz will see that were not coordinating our relationship well.

We just done eating and now we're waiting for the receipt. I see her ready to pulled out her wallet when I stop her.

"Wait, let me pay for it." I said.

"Oh please, stop being a gentleman. I can pay for my food. I don't want to be that kind of girlfriend." she insisted.

"Oh, okay, if that's okay with you."

We then payed for our food and quickly exit ourselves out of there.

We were already inside the car when she said, "The place isn't that bad. I think I want to go back again."

I was surprised to hear that. I guess she secretly does love it after all??

I didn't talk to her right away. The whole ride to school was dead silent but back at the Diner, she look sad. I didn't know how to deal with that. She was this girl who is straightforward and hotheaded. I thought I understood her but clearly I don't. There is something more of her to show and I'm curious of what is going on inside her mind. Maybe she is more than that.

***

We arrive pretty early. We still have 30 minutes till classes begins.

Jade and I are planning to seat at the cafeteria and try to discuss what our step by step routine for three weeks.

We don't have classes together except for Sikowitz so for the whole day, we won't see each other. Me and Tori almost have the same class so it's not that hard for me to pick her up but with Jade's case, this is going to be a rough one. Jade seems to be okay with it.

"No, it's not." I object. "We should be together at any given time. How about I bring you to your first class, then pick you up for lunch and fetch you up before we can go together at Sikowitz's class. What do you think?"

She stares at me for a second and she hesitated, "Fine. It's like I have a choice. That's what couples do right?"

"Well, yeah, that's what me and Tori do all the time. Couples should always be together."

She stares at me, "Always? Just seeing your face is just sickening and we're going to do this stunt for weeks, I don't think we should always be together."

I glared at her, "It's what couples do and you don't have a choice, remember? and again, Sikowitz is probably watching us act as a couple. We need to work together and this is for our grade too."

"I know. This whole thing is just mess up okay. It's stressing me out!" she snapped. The whole students stop what they were doing and just stared at us. "What are you all looking at?!" she shouted causing student to look and walk the other way.