Chapter Eleven: Just Give Me a Reason

Beck Oliver

I'm... I'm a little confuse.

Just kidding, I'm really really confuse of what just happen right now!

Why? Why? Why? Why? Why?

Why can't I have some peace and quiet this school year?!

Why am I partner to someone I don't want to be with?

Why am I not surprise that he is going to pick her?

Why her?

And why her exactly?!

After that little chat with Sikowitz, Me and Jade just left the room with the disbelief look on our faces. We were worried about this bet he just made up out of nowhere.

He just gonna fail us if we don't act like a real couple. How on earth are we going to do that? Its easy for Jade but I have a girlfriend.

"So Jade, how about that-"

"I don't want to do it!" She cut me off. She just shouted out of nowhere again. Well I expected that but she can just told me normally.

"He'll failed us. You know that. So let's just compromise this situation-"

"I said I don't want to do it! I'd rather fail than to do this stupid bet with you!" She shouted. Again. Can't she just stop being selfish and understand the problem here.

"Look, Jade." I put my hands on both of her shoulder and seriously stare at her. "I don't want to fail this subject and I don't care about your obnoxious opinion about it. You either cooperate with me or I'll just force you to do this mess with me." I don't know if that speech will work or I'm dead as you know it.

She put her hand on my hand and stare at me.... calmly. "And how are you going to force me?"

Begging? "I haven't thought of that exactly but I will think of something." I reply. I can't believe I said that without thinking a rational answer.

She laugh at me. "You really think you could scare me. Me? Nice move pretty boy but that doesn't give me a goosebumps."

But your laugh did give me goosebumps and I'm out of options here.

"If your not going to say anything I might as well be going now." Jade said as she let go of my grip to her.

But I quickly grab her wrist.

"Wait. Listen. Tell me what do you want me to do. I'll do anything." I said. I don't know why I just said that. She will probably make me to do something that will likely to kill me.

I'm desperate okay.

She chuckle for a while and look at my direction. "Are you serious? Did you just hear yourself?"

I did hear myself and like you I am surprise by it.

"Well? What do you say?" I asked panicky but I don't want to show it to her.

"Flatter but I think I'll pass on to that." She grimace.

I don't know if I was relief or not by the way she decline me.

"What? Why? I said I'll do anything. Please, I don't want to fail this class." I begged but she looks like she wouldn't budge.

"You always think about yourself, don't you?" She suddenly ask and let go of my grip to her then walk out.

"Wait, I don't mean that-"

She stop. "But I will think about what you just said." Then she just keeps walking through the corridors until she disappear from my sight.