2) Home?

Dhwani traced the name of the orphanage on her mark sheets, and the permanent address on all her documents during the school years remained the same

Her home was Chhaya, an orphanage set up by an old couple who had retired passing down the rights to banks under mortgage which was later bid on, and purchased by the Gayatri Devi Foundation. It had been home to around a thousand orphans till the age of Sixteen, after that the children moved out and lived a life with no roof.

She had stepped out of this place at one such point, freshly passed out of her high school, she was hinted to move out and she had enrolled herself into college hostel facilities, earning her living from tuition, part-time jobs, and scholarships which made her survive 4 years until she had her first job as an assistant in an art gallery.

She had kicked and strived into the city to the point that she had saved enough to make a small, meager donation to the orphanage management as a token of gratitude. Life wasn't hard, it was ugly and full of struggles until the age of 22 when she changed jobs, hostels, and then cities to come back again here.

She had completed her distance MBA from one of the local colleges and had applied for a better job in the corporate sector, Chouhan group of companies was her fate as she slipped and landed infront of the matriarch of the family who was impressed with her navigating skills, she was still clueless what ticked Gayatri Devi Chouhan in the right way that the woman not only offered her an interview but also her eldest grandson's proposal for marriage after knowing her for only a year.

Well, just 11 months when she had knocked on her 1 BHK flat, her gentle smile was a reminder of her big and generous heart as she caressed her head and laid down her thoughts in a straightforward manner.

"I have seen you all these months, Dhwani and I have made up my mind." She had said with eyes holding hers "I want your hand in marriage for my grandson. I am sure you two will make a great couple."

She had left her astounded that day, baffled too as she left her to think about the alliance. Only the next day when Dhwani decided to politely decline the old woman, she called her to the mansion and introduced her to her social circle as her future daughter-in-law.

Her wide eyes had swept the room and landed on the man who stood at the other corner, looking like a calm sea that hid deadly secrets. He had stared at her the entire time he strode towards her and stood beside her as the guests gushed about them being the perfect match.

"I think you two can be married in the next 3 months, what do you say, Dhwani?" Gayatri Devi had questioned.

Being in a daze, she had turned to her with confused eyes and let out a small "Yes?" which was taken as her confirmation making her husband abhor her whole existence.

3 months and Gayatri Devi had coaxed the entire Chouhan family to agree to this match and got them married in a ceremony the gods would be jealous of. Only if she was actually that blessed being married as the people greeted her with on her face with fake smiles and false wishes.