43) Death

So near yet so far.

A 'maybe' was an apocalypse

Adding this word to any sentence made it sound like a crushed dream, but also, a form of hope the very next second. A beautifully broken dream and equally magnetic hope. It was a moment of dusk, a blink before was night, and a blink after, was morning. There was no halt.

No in-between.

One can spend their whole life in the vicious circle a single 'Maybe' could weave.

The Universe fights for certain souls to find one another and a 'maybe' plays its role in their separation. It places people in your life just to take them away, just to teach you things that beauty cannot. And a 'maybe' makes you believe that the Universe fights for the heartbreaks, for the missed opportunities, for the bad timings. A small 'Maybe' and the meaning turns offhand, it starts to believe that those moments show one's strength in ways the hope cannot. A 'maybe' within the words makes you believe in the losses that you truly find gratitude in, had stayed.

We start believing 'maybe.'

We start living in 'maybe.'

Maybe it is this or maybe it is that.

A maybe could bring fortunes the same way it was capable of destroying dynasties.

It could blind you with truths and push you into the pits of lies.

Lies of a 'Maybe' through caring for those who make us feel like we are hard to love that we are taught how to embrace those who see us, those who truly protect our souls. And a 'maybe, just maybe' could pull one out through the darkened journey, teaching how to appreciate the warmth, how to chase the light, how to believe in it even when we do not feel it, how to trust that it is pinned and blooming in this world, waiting to be discovered.

A 'Maybe' tries to teach us how to be thankful for all that did not work in our life. It is a reminder for you. For us. A reality check, and a blinding hope.

A hope of finding everything that you love ruthlessly. A hope of holding the love you give and getting it back with the same conviction; that when it is finally right, the things that you reach for in life, the things you deeply hope for, they will reach back.

A 'maybe' and a 'hope' tells you that the Universe is trying to help you understand that all of the things you ached for, that did not work out, were not the losses that broke you, or ruined you, or made you less worthy. They were what built you. They taught you about yourself. They led you to the person you were meant to be, and they guided you towards what was meant for you. They shaped you. They challenged you. They grew you.

At the end of the day, a 'maybe' and a 'hope' remind you- the Universe does not take without giving. The Universe does not leave you empty, it always balances the scales within you. For all that it destroys, it creates. For all that falls apart, something is coming together.