14) Hangry

The projector displayed the bottom line for the project analysis, letting the team break into applause laced with the lights turning back, curbing the darkness in the meeting room

The projector displayed the bottom line for the project analysis, letting the team break into applause laced with the lights turning back, curbing the darkness in the meeting room. Hopeful faces stared back at Anirudh who kept his eyes hooked on the charts and figures placed in the binder in front of him.

The chatters died and eyes rested on his team who shared confused glances before waiting for their boss. He closed the file and placed it back. He took a glance around and passed a small smile towards his new-to-be partner, Sanjay Bajaj, and his son, Akshay Bajaj.

Only if he agrees.

"Shall we sign the contract, Mr. Chauhan?" Sanjay fidgeted with his pen, looking hesitant at the question. "The papers are ready."

"My manager will inform you in 3 days, Mr. Bajaj." He answered, standing up he fastened his suit jacket button and forwarded his hand for a shake. "The projected figures look promising yet we will like to think more on cost-cutting and marketing strategies."

"We had settled on these before, Anirudh." Sanjay tipped with a frown, taking his hand.

"I don't think so." Anirudh clenched his jaw at the use of his name. He nodded and pocketed his palm.

"If this is about Arushi, I can bring her to apologize to Mrs. Chauhan." He offered.

"She is remorseful for her actions." Akshay butted in with an encouraging nod.

Of course, after being slapped with defamation that could eat her whole.

He wanted to comment but held it back.

"I can bring Arushi tomorrow to the Gala to apologize. We should keep the business and personal problems aside, Anirudh. I hope you consider this."

"I never said I won't." He smiled tightly. "This was never about your daughter but yes, I would like her to apologize publicly. Just the way she insulted my wife."

"Then, we should be signing the contract today as it was scheduled. Why are we postponing it?" Akshay asked him with irritation.

"Did we schedule the contract signing today, Dishant?" He questioned his secretary with a warning glare which had him stumble his way toward them.

"No...No, Sir. Today was only for the financial plans." Dishant cleared. His 50% salary deduction after the last intervention between him and Dhwani had cost him a huge.

"See." Anirudh pointed. "Now, if you shall allow me to leave. It was nice meeting you, Mr. Bajaj." He chipped with professional grace and nodded at Akshay before walking out of the glass doors of the conference room.

Dishant followed him along with two other analysts who worked beside him. His car was efficiently brought to the main door and he nodded in gratitude towards the driver and settled in the back seat. Dishant took the shotgun.