15) Siblings

Another sip as he watched the clock tick at the slowest speed that he had ever witnessed in his 29 years of life

Another sip as he watched the clock tick at the slowest speed that he had ever witnessed in his 29 years of life. 3 years of world survival, 14 years of that dramatic school life, 5 of everyday struggle in MBBS college, and 6 years of breathless practice and masters later, he still thinks that those days ended rather quickly seeing the thousands of things he had to do but today, the clock is crawling in a speed that could put slow loris to shame.

A tortoise would seem fleet-footed and the banana slug would be crying for his title.

No, he wasn't waiting.

He was repenting one of his past life's mistakes in the human form.

Another hour and he will start terming it as a sin.

All because Vidyut was bearing his brother from birth sulking in his home. A glass of rum that he stored for emergencies being replenished as Rakshit Chauhan, the youngest of the three, drowned in his heartbreak or should he say, his stupidity of marrying their common friend who kept him at an arm's length for the past 25 years.

Yes, Shreya had been in their life that long and in Rakshit's head for more or less 10 years, from the day he laughed at her tear-filled eyes who offered her heart to him on a silver plate.

But the lollygagger of the man Rakshit was, it took him 12 months to understand her feelings, a time period that ended with her changing her resolve and overcoming the boy. The girl had moved on but this man stayed there, finding ways to annoy her, agonize her, and pull her into the mess he created around her in the hope of refurbishing those lost feelings in her.

The chances were slim but will be dead if the man keeps sitting in his home drinking his sorrows away.

"Will you stop emptying my collection?" Vidyut grumbled watching him pour another drink.

"You are a miser, do you know that?" Rakshit scowled and filled more than necessary gulping the contents in a go. "This tastes horrible. You should have thought twice before buying this shit."

"Yeah, it feels yuck when someone drinks past 3 bottles." He pointed sarcastically earning a look of betrayal from his simp of a brother.

"You are heartless like her," Rakshit whined slumping against the couch, covering his face acting like a child refused to eat ice cream.

"No, she is intelligent to see past this suit and tie. "

"That he is a man-child?" Anirudh announced his presence from the door, watching his siblings busy in a glaring match. "Is he the emergency?"

"Is that even a question? I thought you wouldn't come for another decade." Vidyut mocked a smile in welcome, pointing towards their youngest. "I won't keep calm if he down another bottle, these are limited editions."

"Such a Scrooge." Rakshit scowled and slammed his glass back on the table, standing up on a wobbling leg he passed Anirudh a grin. "My big brother, you are my savior."