Mash Up

Bust a move, Young Mc- Performed by Will Schuester and The New Directions
Sweet Caroline, Neil Diamond- Performed by Noah Puckerman
Ophelia, The Lumineers- Performed by Nicholas Henley
From Eden, Hozier- Performed by Nicholas Henley

~~~~~~~~~~~————~~~~~~~~~~~
Mash Up

Nick walked into the choir room whistling a merry tune, unaware of what his ice hockey teammate Dave Karosfky had done to the Quarterback Finn Hudson. He lets out a low whistle when he looks over at Finn who is having slushy cleaned up off of him by Quinn, "Shit! What happened to you dude?"
Quinn turns and sneers at the oblivious boy, "You could've given us a warning Henley!"
"I'm sorry, a warning about what exactly?" The boy replies, as the glee club watch the heated discussion.
"Oh I don't know...maybe that your Neanderthal puckhead teammates decided to throw a slushy at my boyfriend!" Quinn yells at the boy, standing over and marching towards him.
"You can't just assume that I knew this was going to happen! Tyler has a strict policy on slushy throwing... that I respect Fabray!" Nick walks round her and towards Finn, "Hey man I swear I knew nothing about this, I'll have a word with Karosfky to lay off of you!" Nick pats him on the shoulder and sarcastically smiles at Quinn, as she rolls her eyes at him.

"Okay guys we're a little behind for sectionals thanks to our Sue Sylvesters detour, but you guys seem to really enjoy doing mash ups right? And I'm going to keep you guys fired up. Plus there's an important lesson to be learned with mashups. Sometimes things are so different they don't feel like they should go together, but the big difference between them is what makes them great. Like chocolate and bacon..." Mr Schue announces as he walks into the room.
"Or glee club and football." Finn adds on, still having his face wiped by Quinn.
"Exactly but you've proven that it is a great combination. So here is my personal favourite song..." Mr Schue begins handing out song sheets.
"Bust a move? Mr Schue this is like..." Nick starts, as Mercedes finishes his sentence, "Old School?" Nick points and nods at her.
"Well your assignment is to find a song that you can mash up with it. Finn run us through it." Mr Schue turns to the boy at the drum kit.
"Erm I can't right now I have corn syrup in my eye." Finn replies as Quinn starts wiping at his eye, their teacher then asks Puck who declines.
"Nick come on? How about it?" Mr Schue asks.
"After being the third person you asked id actually rather not." He scoffs out.
"I am shocked at the lack of leading man ambition in this room right now." Rachel states. So that's how the group led to witnessing Mr Schue performing Bust A Move, something that Nick would love to erase from his memory.

That evening Nick grabbed Buster and headed over to his grandpa's for dinner. He walked in and heard the familiar laugh of his cousin.
"Pops in here!" Nick yells into the house.
"Ah Nico, come through your cousins here as well. My two favourite grandchildren in one house, it's like the old days!" His grandpa replies excitedly.
"We're your only grandchildren Pops." Mackenzie laughs out.
"Hmmm probably got more out there somewhere with Lincoln's antics, but you two will always be my favourite." He kisses both their heads as Nick sits down at the table.

The three fall into causal conversation, catching up on the last couple of weeks.
"So Nico?" Harold raises his eyebrow at his grandson.
"Yes pops." He replies hesitantly.
"How's that blonde girl?" He asks as Mackenzie burst out laughing.
"Please don't say it's you who's got her knocked up?" Mackenzie asks.
"What no! It's not, I've known for a while I just didn't know what to do and was trying to actually help her." Nick retorts.
"Yeah whatever dude! You're totally into her, but I'm not ready to be a god parent yet." Mackenzie plays with her food knowing she's going to get a reaction.

Then it comes, "I am not in love with Quinn Fabray! I don't even like her, I just..." Nick yells, as his grandpa laughs at his reaction.
"Children, children come on now stop the arguing. So the blonde girl is Quinn the one from the hall and bathrooms and she's the pregnant one?" Harold asks, Nick nods a yes as his grandpa continues, "I'll tell you what Mack, he's in denial. Sparks were flying and the electricity it was like me and your grandmother when we first met, I remember the first night we..."
"Ewww no!"
"Stop right there Romeo!"
The two grandchildren shout.
"Okay, okay I'm sorry but Nick if she's a friend...she's just a friend." His grandpa pats him on the shoulder and walks off to let Buster out. Mack looks over at Nick and makes Kissy faces as he put his middle finger up at her.