Funk

Another One Bites The Dust, Queen- Performed by Vocal Adrenaline
Tell Me Something Good, Rufus and Chaka Khan- Performed by Will Schuester
Loser, Beck- Performed by Finn Hudson and Noah Puckerman
It's A Man's World, James Brown- Performed by Quinn Fabray
Good Vibrations, Marky Mark and The Funky Bunch- Performed by Finn Hudson, Noah Puckerman and Mercedes Jones
Twenty Five Miles, Edwin Starr- Performed by Nicholas Henley
Give Up The Funk, Parliament- Performed by New Directions

~~~~~~~~~~~————~~~~~~~~~~~
Funk

"Why am I being dragged to the auditorium?" Nick moans, as he is found by Rachel and then dragged away from what he was doing...which was nothing, but that was besides the point). When he gets there, he's astonished to see Vocal Adrenaline onstage, but what suprises him the most is that Jesse St James is with them.
"Oh shit!" He mumbles out, as Rachel pulls him along to stand with the others. The blonde former head cheerleader who he had been avoiding, was staring intently at Rachel's hand grasped around the boy's wrist. The second he noticed where she is looking, he self consciously pulls it out of her grasp. Nick walks over and stands with Finn and the other boys, listening as Jesse tells them that he has moved back to his old school because the New Directions didn't value his talent and were awful to him. Rumours had also been flying around on blogs that Vocal Adrenaline were done for and they were here to prove a point.

As they finish their performance of Another One Bites The Dust, Nick along with the other members of the New Directions were stood in shock, but also a wave of defeat and self-doubt flooded over them.
"What the hell just happened?" Nick runs a hand over his head, as the New Directions leave the auditorium. Artie begins to explain that it is a tradition at Carmel High to put their competition into a funk and hope that they spiral into a depression.
"Yeah we used to do the same thing to other football teams." Finn tries to comfort the others, but as they walk into the choir room and see that it has been tp'd the Funk well and truly sets in.

The New Directions are cleaning up the toilet paper that was everywhere. Mr Schue is trying to reassure them, but the teens were struggling to get a handle on their emotions.
"Wait how did they even get in?" Mercedes asks aloud, but in walks Sue Sylvester with the answer, "I gave them all keys, even helped them do a soundcheck over the weekend. Hey this way fellas, let's punch out this wall here." Sue begins demanding the guys who were carrying her cheerio trophies into the choir room.. Mr Schue asks what she is doing and in true Coach Sylvester fashion she tells them she's preparing to take over the room once they lose at Regionals, "You are going to lose and your dreams will be crushed."

If they weren't in a funk before what the coach had just told them, the majority of them were definitely spiralling into one now.
"Hey Sue can I see your trophy?" Schuester asks, as everyone watches on at the intense conversation.
"Sure Will. Hope and dream." The coach replies smugly. Within seconds off having it in his grasp, Mr Schue launched it at the wall as it broke into pieces. Nick hides his laugh, as Mr Schue looks her dead in the eye, "We dropped your trophy, Sue."
"You know for me trophies are like herpes. You can try to get rid of them, but they just keep coming back." Nick pulls a disgusted face at the coach's choice of metaphor and then she leaves knowing she has rattled Mr Schue.

~~~~~~~~~~~————~~~~~~~~~~~

Nick woke up the next morning feeling very deflated, as he walked into the choir room it was if the feeling was as contagious as Sue Sylvester herpes or trophies, he wasn't quite sure if she had both. Mr Schue walks in and asks if any of them have regrets. Rachel obviously tells everyone that hers was giving her heart to Jesse. Quinn then spoke up, "Thinking trust me was a sensible birth control option." Nick doesn't mean to but he glares at Puck, ready to punch him, but Mr Schue floats right on past what the girl has just said, "We all have them. I just finalised my divorce. I regret living in a relationship that wasn't working, letting her put me in these deep funks and not fighting back."
"Well done for knowing your self-worth King." Nick says but then shudders, "Sorry I regretted that the second it came out my mouth."
"Besides creeping us out, why are you telling us this?" Santana asks, while lounging across the chairs at the back.
"Because if we lose to Vocal Adrenaline at regionals, none of us will regret it. We will have given it our best shot and we wont look back, but we will regret letting them get the best of us before the competition which is why we need to hit them back just like they hit us." Mr Schue tells them.
"Oh my god! You want us to get revenge?" Nick inquires with a mischevious look on his face.