Grilled Cheesus

Only The Good Die Young, Billy Joel- Performed by Noah Puckerman
I Look To You, Whitney Houston- Performed by Mercedes Jones
Keep Your Head Up, Ben Howard- Performed by Nicholas Henley
Coffee Breath, Sofia Mills- Performed by Delilah Stokes
Papa Can You Hear Me, Barbra Streisand- Performed by Rachel Berry
Beautiful Boy, John Lennon- Performed by Nicholas Henley
I Want To Hold Your Hand, The Beatles- Performed by Kurt Hummel
Losing My Religion, REM- Performed by Finn Hudson
Running Up That Hill, Kate Bush (Jonah Baker Version)- Performed by Nicholas Henley
Bridge Over Troubled Water, Simon and Garfunkel- Performed by Mercedes Jones and Choir
One Of Us, Joan Osbourne- Performed by New Directions
Hallelujah, Haim- Performed by Delilah Stokes

Grilled Cheesus

Nick was sat at the ice rink watching his Grandad coach a group of young players. Harold didn't see that Nick was there and even though the two were barely talking at the moment, the boy wanted to feel near to his grandad. 
"I didn't expect to see you here." Nick is broken out of his thoughts.
"Coach... wh—what are you doing here?" Nick looks at him, but then glances down straight away.
"You see that little terror there she's mine." Nick looks down to where the coach is pointing and sees a little girl, but then watches her body check another player, "Jeez! She could give the bash brothers a run for their money." The coach chuckles and then looks down at his wife who is stood up applauding, "Go on honey! Woohoo!" The corners of Nick's mouth slightly turn up as he turns towards his coach, "So you went through with the fostering and adoption process?" The coach nods and then looks over at Nick, "You know your grandad is the greatest man I know."

The coach takes a deep breath, "In high school I lost my dad, I was angry at the world like you are and I pushed people away who I should have kept close. Your grandad saw me one day shooting pucks on this rink right here." Coach Williams shakes his head chuckling to himself, "I think that's why your dad hated me so much because of what your grandad did for me. He guided me to be the best version of myself... who mind you isn't perfect, hard to believe I know... but Nick you need to reassess the choices you've been making. Make mistakes and learn from them, but don't dwell on stuff that's happened there is no point. What's happening right now isn't forever, okay?"

Nick for the first time looks his coach in the eyes, "Okay! I'm gonna try... I lost my way and I know I've got a few apologies to make." Coach Williams smiles at the boy, "Henners, everyone loses there way sometimes, but you gotta make the sun shine even on the darkest of days." The coach and Nick look at each other with smirks on their faces and then burst out laughing, Nick through laughs tells his coach, "Next thing you'll be telling me to live, laugh, love." The two begin chuckling again and eventually sit in a comfortable silence watching the training session in front of them.
"Coach thank you for everything, you know with my dad and my mom. " Nick nudges the man who ruffles his hair, "You know if I knew what I do now I would have adopted you in a heartbeat." Nick smiles to himself.

Nick had been trying at school, he was attending all his lessons and trying his hardest to stay focused. Currently he was sat in French, listening to Kurt give a monologue to the student next to him. Nick could make out the Sound Of Music and that was about it. Mr Schue and Miss Pilsbury came rushing in, "Kurt can we talk to you outside?" Nick could see the looks on the adults faces and he knew something bad had happened. After the lesson had finished Nick packed his stuff away and went outside to see if Kurt was around, but there was no sign of him or the two teachers. Walking down the hall he sees Mercedes and he runs over to her, "Hey Cedes, can we talk?" She turns and looks at him tears in her eyes, "What do you want Nick?"