Hell-O

Mr Forgettable, David Kushner- Performed by Nicholas Henley
Hello, I Love You, The Doors- Performed by Finn Hudson
Gives You Hell, The All American Rejects- Performed by Rachel Berry
Vertigo, U2- Performed by Nicholas Henley
Hello, Lionel Ritchie- Performed by Rachel Berry and Jesse St James
I Miss You, Blink 182- Performed by Nicholas Henley and Finn Hudson
Highway To Hell, AC/DC- Performed by Vocal Adrenaline
Hello!, ROLE MODEL- Performed by Nicholas Henley
Hello, Goodbye, The Beatles- Performed by New Directions

~~~~~~~~~~~————~~~~~~~~~~~
Hell-O

The high of sectionals died down quick for Nick, the reality of how bad his life currently is sinking in. He was well and truly down in the dumps, working overtime at breadstix to get some money, glee rehearsal and ice hockey practice constantly, and now also worrying about the envelope he received with his name written on it.

Nick sat at the back for the first glee club rehearsal since their big win, his chin resting in his hand as Mr Schue drew a stick man saying hello. Nicks eyebrows furrow together as Mr Schue begins explaining the assignment.
"What do you say when you answer the phone?" Mr Schue asks the group.
"Waddup?"
"Who dis be?"
"No she's dead. This is her son."
Nick accidentally lets out a snort of laughter at Kurt's deadpanned answer.
"Okay..." Mr Schue rambles on until he finally explains what it is they'll be doing this week, "Look I am really proud of what you guys did at sectionals, but as most of you have realised right now it hasn't made a bit of difference in your day to day school."
"I have a slushee stained training bra to prove it." Rachel exclaims.
"Thank you for over sharing once again Rachel." Nick mutters as the girl turns slightly and gives him a death stare.
"The fact is we're going to have to be better even more spectacular at regionals. It's time for some reinvention some new, new directions. We need a new hello. Here's your assignment for the week, come up with a fresh number, but it has to have hello in the song title." Mr Schue continues on ignoring the interruptions.

Nick sits on the auditorium stage thinking about what song to choose, he has a few but they don't have the word hello in the song title which annoys him. He starts strumming to the tune of Mr Forgettable not really thinking about how much the lyrics relate to him,

"I know that you're waiting for me like a dog
But have some patience for the part of me that's lost
There's been a hundred times
When I don't recognize
Any of you that love me
I try to memorize and identify
But it's all getting foggy
My head is in the clouds right now
Just pray I come around, around
Hello, hello, are you lonely?
I'm sorry, it's just the chemicals
Hello, hello, do you know me?
I'm called Mr. Forgettable (oh, oh, oh, oh-oh, oh-oh, oh-oh)
Mr. Forgettable (oh, oh, oh, oh-oh, oh-oh, oh-oh)
Mr. Forgettable
The old me hides
While the new me fights
Look in my eyes
He's still in there, right?
Did the kitchen change?
What about your name?
You used to be my heart
And now you're just a face
My head is in the clouds right now
Just pray I come around, around
Hello, hello, are you lonely?
I'm sorry, it's just the chemicals
Hello, hello, do you know me?
I'm called Mr. Forgettable (oh, oh, oh, oh-oh, oh-oh, oh-oh)
Mr. Forgettable (oh, oh, oh, oh-oh, oh-oh, oh-oh)
Mr. Forgettable
(Mr. Forgettable)
Hello, hello, are you lonely?
I'm sorry, it's just the chemicals
Hello, hello, do you know me?
They call me Mr. Forgettable."

Nick finishes and looks to the side, hearing clapping and he sees Finn beaming at him from the side of the stage.
"Hey man. How long have you been over there?" Nick questions standing up still holding the guitar.
"Not long..." The taller boy pauses for a moment, "Is everything okay Nick? That song was...well it was deep."
"I—well I erm... I'm living with my grandad now. Which is great, but it's just my dad well my dad is..." Nick desperately tries to find the right words, but stops when he hears his friends voice, "A piece of shit?"
"Wait What? How? How do you know?" Nick whispers out in disbelief.
"After the sectional performance for Schue I came to find you to say thank you. I saw him in the locker room. He was... I'm sorry I didn't step in and help you Nick! You need to tell Mr Schue..." Finn explains, but is abruptly cut off by Nick, "No! No teachers, no Miss Pilsbury they'll call the social and I don't want that Finn. Promise me you won't!"
Finn thinks for a moment contemplating his choices. Eventually he looks up and nods at Nick, "Fine I won't, but Nick you know I'm here for you man just like you were for me."
Nick lets out a breath he didn't know he was holding, "I know man and thank you. I've gotta go but I'll erm, I'll catch you later Hudson."
Nick exits the stages as Finn watches him leave his face full of worry.