Teddy Bear

Prompt: George received a teddy bear with a very heartwarming meaning.

(GUYS GEORGE IS TRANS IN THIS STORY 😭)

(TW: loss)

Parent AU

No one's POV

George sat on a hospital bed with his back laid on a white pillow, crying.

Dream was right beside him, comforting him the best he can.

A tragedy happened 40 minutes ago.

After 9 months, George had delivered his and Dream's little girl. But, the doctor had to break the news to them that the little one didn't survive.

George was mourning over the loss even though he hasn't hold her yet.

"D-dream, she's g-gone" George sobbed onto his husband's shoulder.

Dream was also crying because all he wanted was to become a father too.

"I-i didn't even get to s-see her" George sniffled

"You will see her honey" Dream reassured

Just then, a doctor walked in, holding a pink baby blanket with a special someone that George has been waiting to see.

This made him sob even more.

"I'll give you guys some space" the doctor gave their little bundle of joy to Dream and the doctor left

Dream slowly looked down to see the small girl sleeping peacefully.

He had a sad smile on his face before he looked at George.

"Do you want to see her?" Dream asked

George hiccupped "o-okay..."

George slowly moved towards Dream and saw her. He sucked in a short breath.

"Hi there.." George whispered before he caressed her cheek "she looks l-like you Dream" George voice cracked

Dream chuckled a bit "yeah..."

George wiped away his tears "c-can i hold her?"

"Sure" Dream smiled and handed her carefully to George

George immediately held her close when he felt her on his chest.

He started rocking her back and forth "you will always be in my heart"

Dream wasn't lying when he said he wanted to cry right then and there.

He also joined the hug so the girl was in between them.

They both started singing a lullaby.

"You're our sunshine, o-our only sunshine..." Dream sang

"You make us happy, when skies turn gray..." George continued

"You'll never know dear, how much we love you..."

George continued to cry and that's where Dream stopped.

"Are you okay?" Dream sympathetically asked

"I'm going to miss her" George left a small kiss on her forehead

"I know, me too" Dream also did the same

They continued to stay close, admiring the girl's facial features while making comments about the past months George went through which made them lighten their mood a bit.

Sadly, the doctor entered their room again to take the baby girl.

Dream and George gave 2 last forehead kisses before they finally gave her back.

"I'm so sorry for your loss" the doctor spoke before he exited the room

That's where George bursted out crying again as he came to the realization that he will never hold her again.

One thing was that they didn't know that the doctor stood outside the door and heard the pain, this couple had to experience.

He thought of something and smiled.

Time skip - 4 days later

Dream woke up earlier that day and heard his phone ringing. The doctor called him and told that him and George should come to the hospital today at 1pm to talk about something.

Dream agreed but he still wasn't sure about George because he still couldn't get over the loss.

Right now, it was 11:15am and Dream tried everything to get George up, but all he wanted to do was stay in bed.

"Come on Georgie, you have to get up" Dream slightly shook him

George gave a simple "no" before he hid under the covers.

Dream sighed.

"Please? The doctor told us to come to the hospital later"

George groaned before he answered "ughh, fine"

"Thank you" Dream gave him a hug before he stood up and prepared both of their clothes to wear

Time skip - 12:45pm

Dream was driving while George was on the passenger seat.

They were on their way to the hospital and George still has no idea why the doctor had to make George relieve the tragedy that happened a few days ago.

And so here he was, hugging Patches on his lap because Dream wanted to at least comfort him with someone familiarly small.

George was staring out the car window, admiring the sky and trees passing by.

What made him weep even more was that he saw a family of 3, at the park when Dream stopped at a red light.

The father pushed his daughter on the swing while the mother was recording them on her phone.

Bright smiles were on their faces and George could only imagine him and Dream doing the same thing to their little girl.

A few minutes passed and they already arrived at the hospital.

Since pets aren't allowed inside, they left Patches in her carrier and she fell asleep.

They walked in the entrance and a nurse directed them to the doctor's office and they both took a seat.

"Why did you call us Doc?" Dream asked

"Well, first, I am so sorry for your loss" the doctor spoke

Dream nodded and squeezed George's hand.

"And second, i can't help but feel upset for you and your husband"

Dream was a bit confused as to where the doctor is going with this.

"So, a small team of nurses and i did something as a memory of your daughter" the doctor smiled

George was about to ask when someone knocked on the door.

"Come in"

A nurse walked in holding something in her arms.

"We have this thing where we make a teddy bear for the parents who's baby just passed"

The nurse gave George a yellow bear.

George froze in place as he held the bear. It felt like...

"So you both can have something that is...the exact weight as your baby"

Dream had a smile on his at how sweet they were for the loss. Meanwhile, George broke down right then and there and held the bear close.

"T-thank you..." he whispered

"Your welcome. I'm sure she loved both of her dads"

The doctor gave them prints of her hands, feet and even made molds.

They thanked the doctor before they left and walked back inside the car.

Patches was still sleeping in her carrier as Dream drove home.

From that day on, George kept the bear close to him.