Tired

Prompt: Clare's trust on Dream will always be endless.

Parent AU

No one's POV

Clare can't sleep. She was so upset that she started crying.

And with Dream being the only one awake at that time, he tries to comfort her to sleep, but no matter how hard he tries getting her to lay down, she simply won't stop weeping.

She kept standing up in her crib, making grabby hands towards Dream, as more tears continued to stain her face.

Dream has already tried giving her stuffed bear, her pacifier and her baby bottle, but all of those only ended up being pushed away and only wanted Dream to stay.

Usually, Clare wanted George instead of him, but with her being too clingy and alone in her crib, she wanted someone to be with her. Plus, George had already went to bed early and Dream just came back after editing his video for tomorrow.

"Papa..." she cried out to him.

That's why Dream came up with something that might work.

He may be above 6 feet, but the crib was big enough for him to climb onto and lay down.

Clare immediately latched onto him like a koala.

Dream is now happy to see Clare only left with sniffles while slowly and quietly started sleeping on his chest.

But there was a problem.

He can't move nor can get out.

Dream looked down to see his daughter peacefully sleeping.

He needed to find a way to get up without disrupting her nap.

He strives to slowly move with his hands on the crib.

Though, even the slightest movement made Clare wake up.

She looked up to see her Papa trying to stand up, but that only made her cry.

"Oh, shhh, it's okay," Dream whispered, trying to make her lay back down.

But it didn't work. She kept moving and standing up, her hands making its' way to Dream's shoulders.

It was evident to him that she was tired, yet at the same time she wanted to feel safe being held in someone's arms.

So, Dream stayed there.

When Clare noticed that he wasn't moving that much anymore, she climbed on top of him.

Dream positioned her properly, so her head was laying on his chest.

He figured that he could just stay here for awhile, until his baby is fully asleep.

Time skip - 7:30am

George woke up and yawned. He sat up and looked over his shoulder to see that Dream wasn't there.

He was a bit upset that he stayed up late again editing one of his videos.

And that he wasn't able to feel his warmth one bit through the night.

He stood up and got his phone from his bedside table, before he walked out from their shared bedroom to his gaming room.

But when he reached there, Dream was nowhere to be found.

He thought that he might be downstairs.

George wanted to go see Dream, but he decided to go check on Clare first.

When he opened the door to her nursery, his heart instantly melted.

Dream's bedhead was a mess. He was laying on his side, while Clare was next to him, halfway enveloped and snuggled in her baby blanket.

George found this sight before him adorable, that he couldn't resist taking a picture.

He looked at it one more time, before he proceeded to go downstairs.

He wanted to show it to Dream later, when he and Clare both wake up.

-

Sorry for a long update i was sick and im stressing over exam week rn (im gonna fucking kms)

(Update: i passed most of them 👍)