Equal Love

Prompt: Part 2 of "Favourite Dad".

No one's POV

It's really no surprise to Dream that Clare likes George more as her other dad than him.

Okay, it can be all fun and games at some days, but there were also times when Dream felt... hurt.

Times when he felt the same painful twang of jealousy inside him whenever Clare could say and do anything, if it means having George with her.

Though, that doesn't mean Clare doesn't love Dream anymore.

George was aware of this situation, and he often reminded him that she also loves him; that she loves them both equally, as her dads.

And that made Dream feel slightly better.

But not today.

It was this usual routine that Dream already knew was going to happen, when she heard George leaving for work in the morning.

As always, Clare didn't like it.

"Clare, can you let go of Daddy, please?" Dream pleaded softly, prying her away from George, who was clinging onto his sleeve.

She only shook her head, and gripped her other small hand on George's collar when she got the chance to.

Dream sighed in defeat, and let George carry her fully.

He slowly moved her so she can comfortably lay her head on his shoulder.

"Sweetheart, you have to listen to Papa, okay? I have to go to work," George whispered to her.

Clare continued to cling onto him, but nodded as if she understood.

"I promise, Daddy will be home soon before you know it," George spoke, slowly handing her back to Dream.

She began to whine, but at the same time she didn't fight back with Dream's arms holding her.

The moment George left and closed the door, that's when her whines turned into soft cries.

And as expected, it took Dream quite a while to calm her down.
_________________________

It went a bit frustrating from there.

But Dream was thankful enough that George went home from work early.

Clare waited for George at the door, and when he appeared, she instantly beamed up and raised both of her arms for him to carry.

George waved at her first before he continued to walk inside.

He went to the living room and didn't saw Dream there. He got confused and looked around the house until he saw Dream washing dishes by the kitchen sink.

George secretly crept up behind Dream and gave him a hug.

Dream could only flash a tired smile at him before he continued; this kind of made George upset.

Clare kept calling for George in the living room and asked to be carried.

He then tapped Dream on his shoulder, “How about you watch her for a little while,” George said as he took Dream’s place in washing the dishes so he could go play with Clare.

"Don't worry, it's fine. You're tired from work, go watch her instead," Dream spoke back.

"I don't mind washing the last few dishes, hun. And then I can help you with dinner after," George offered.

“No, George, you can go play with her. She’ll be fine with you, I feel like she doesn’t even need me,” Dream spoke, his voice cracking at the end.