Behind a Smile

Prompt: Dream knew that even with all the hate coming through, a lot of supportive fans would still be there for him, including Clare and George.

Parent AU

No one's POV

All the hate comments facing Dream from his computer screen was too unbearable for him.

He knew the supportive fans knew that he did that video for his new song, though he couldn't help but wonder about what the antis said about him.

Comment after comment, it was like they wanted to get rid of his face now being comfortable to be shown in the public eye.

Dream finally turned off his computer. He couldn't handle scrolling through the rest anymore.

He sighed on his gaming chair, staring at the mask laying on his lap.

He had publicly announced that he'll now have to wear the mask everywhere he goes.

Dream then wore the mask out of pure guilt towards himself. The person who did his mask did a great job hiding his face and his hair completely.

He knew he shouldn't believe everything the antis said, he knew he should be proud and happy for himself for having enough courage and support from his friends to face reveal in the first place.

But they called him ugly, his face weren't enough to reach their expectations, and they wanted the fucking mask back on, which only grew more Dream antis.

Dream was suddenly interrupted from his thoughts with a knock from the door.

He spoke a fainted, "come in,"

George entered through the door frame, with Clare in his arms.

Dream could distinctly see George's upsetting look, since he also new about Dream's mask.

But Clare was confused and tugged George's shirt.

"Wat that," she pointed at Dream's mask and asked for an explanation.

"Oh, Papa just feels comfy wearing a mask for awhile," George explained.

"Bu' why?"

George looked at Dream then back to her. He didn't have the heart to tell her the truth yet.

Dream then took the extra gaming chair beside him and patted it for George to sit.

George walked to him and sat on the chair, placing Clare on his lap.

Dream took Clare from him and placed her on his lap.

Clare stared at the mask infront of him. To be honest she was a bit scared of it just inches closer to her face.

She then grabbed the edge of it and tried taking it off, but Dream knew he couldn't since it's basically attached to his face up until his scalp.

"Why no Papa take off?" she asked.

"Y'know, there's just these people who likes to judge and be mean to Papa's face so I have to wear it," Dream sadly explained.

"Bu' Papa is very pretty 'ike Dada," she frowned, referring to George.

Dream fondly smiled at her compliment, "Awwh, thank you sweet pea,"

He pecked her forehead, well, more like boop his mask on her forehead, which let out a giggle from her.

Her smile faded when she felt bad about Dream.

"I'm gonna be okay, I promise," Dream reassured her.

Clare attempted to take of his mask again, but this time, Dream let her with his help, as he also took his black hood off.

Her facial expression quickly lightened up as she saw her actual Papa infront of her, not some white, boring, mask with an emotionless smile.

Dream got startled when he saw her trying to stand on his lap to give him a hug.

She successfully did so, with her arm around his neck and the other arm caressing his fluffy hair.

George then just sat there and moved his gaming chair closer to Dream; he let his head rest onto his shoulder.

At that moment, Dream was now only surrounded by two people he loved and cared about.

Those cruel comments quickly left Dream's mind, as he was savouring this loving moment he's having with Clare and George right now.

Even though he told himself just a few minutes ago that he would wear the mask everywhere at all times, he would still take it off only when he's with his daughter and his husband.

(IM EXCITED FOR THE MUSIC VID AAAAAAAAAAAAA- but im definitely gonna cry tomorrow so peyn-)