First Word

Prompt: Clare's first time saying her first word.

Parent AU

No one's POV

It's no secret that Dream and George were a bit competitive to each other about something.

And no, it's not something bad.

It's just that a few weeks ago.

When they start to notice how Clare was already becoming a toddler and has now learned how to crawl around on the floor and let incoherent babbles out.

That's how it all started.

Dream and George were trying to see who Clare can mention the other first.

And let's just say that, she's trying her best.

"Honey, look at me," George clapped loudly to get the small girl's attention, "Can you say, Dada?"

"No, no, come here," Dream was sitting across from him, tapping his palms on the mat, "Can you try and say, Papa, sweetheart?"

Though, Dream didn't tell George that he was holding one of Clare's beloved plushies, that got her crawling instantly towards him.

"Hey, that's not fair!" George complained, reaching over to one of her toy baskets, as well.

Clare didn't know why her daddies wanted her attention badly, when all she wanted to do was to play with Patches, who was following behind her when she crawled towards Dream.

"Look! She likes me," Dream went over and carried her on his hip, cooing at her confused face.

"Hi, Clare, can you say, Papa?" Dream repeated, "Pa-pa-"

"No!-" George cuts him off, moving quickly next to him, "Sweetie, can you say, Dada?"

Clare was mindlessly staring at them both with confusion, before she had to break eye contact from them and look around everywhere else, because she felt a bit overwhelmed.

By now, Patches was there trying to get near Clare.

"Say, Papa-" Dream spoke, but he cut himself off, "oh- Patches, you stay here,"

He picked the cat up with his free hand when he noticed her paws trying to reach its' way to Clare and placed her beside him.

Right there, Clare noticed how his mouth moved to say the word out.

After a few more attempts from Dream and George, they finally heard something from Clare.

"P...p-p-" she quietly babbled.

And the way Dream reacted was ecstatic.

The way he quickly stood up excitingly, waiting for her to say the whole word out, while George just sat there feeling defeated.

"Yes! Can you say it?" Dream cradled her slightly, "Can you say, Pa-pa,"

"P...pa..." she repeated him, until, "Pa...pa'shy'!

Dream was a bit shocked, and so was George that he needed to look up at her.

"Pa- pa'shy!"

When she said it twice, Patches perked up at her name being called.

The cat immediately walked infront of Dream and looked up to see who called for her.

The moment Clare made eye contact with the feline below her, she reached her hand out, "Pa'shy!"

She giggled when she only got a meow back from her.

Dream has now put Clare down, and the second he did it, she didn't hesitate to crawl back to Patches.

They both watched them having fun, while Patches just basically went around with Clare wherever she crawled to.

To be honest, Dream found this adorable, but he was a bit upset that he thought Clare was gonna call him first.

He then heard snickering beside him, "Heh, she didn't call you first,"

Dream turned his head to find George flashing him a grin, "I bet I'll be the one who she will call next,"

"Is that so?" Dream answered back.

George chuckled, "Yeah,"

"We'll see, then,"

(a short one lol but this was so cute to write)