Training Wheels

Prompt: Clare got her first bike for her 7th birthday.

Parent AU

No one's POV

It was clear to say that Clare was excited to use her bike outside.

Dream and George got it for her as a birthday gift.

A purple bike, with small butterfly designs, training wheels on the back tyres, a nice bell and a basket with a bow infront.

When Dream brought it outside from their garage, George focused on securely putting her child appropriate helmet on, her elbow and kneecaps. After all, he doesn't want to get his baby hurt.

Clare got on the bike and Dream began to explain to her how she needs to put both of her feet on the pedals to move the bike forward.

While Dream kept explaining the rest about how to break and how the bike can change directions using the handlebar, Clare was playing the bell because of its' sound.

Dream let her though, hearing her giggle about the bell warmed his heart.

Now, when Clare started peddling, Dream was holding the middle of the handlebar tightly. He knew the bike itself won't fall, since there's training wheels to hold it up, but Dream's just worried for her as George.

George followed them, whilst staying at the other side, in case he felt like she's gonna fall off any second.

Clare instantly got the hang of it, as she was able to peddle a bit further from their driveway, still with Dream's help.

When Dream saw that she can ride it on her own, he slowly let go of the handlebar.

George was hesitant with Dream letting it go, but he reasurred him that seeing Clare ride the bike smoothly made him sigh in relief.

Dream and George continued to follow behind her; they were just walking since she's not peddling that fast anyway, just moderate.

Within a few minutes, Clare wanted to stop.

She wanted to tell either her dad or her papa to stop the bike from moving.

But it was difficult for her to turn her head around and tell them while her hands are still controlling the bike.

Then it sped up.

Dream was quick to notice this as he started running after her.

George did, too.

Dream saw from a distance that a car was headed towards their direction.

"Dream!" George yelled, pointing to the vehicle, but Dream already quickened up his pace to chase his daughter.

Dream got there in time as he quickly picked up Clare with the bike falling over.

The car honked from stepping on the break too hard. Luckily the bike didn't hit the car and caused a scratch nor did his daughter get hurt.

Dream apologized to the driver and grumpily went on his way.

"Dream, I think that's enough for her today," George took Clare from him and carried her on his hip.

Dream nodded as he took her bike and they all walked back to their street, with George constantly asking Clare if she got hurt on their way home.

(i wrote this as an experience when i first started riding my bike-)