Boyfriend

Prompt: Clare announces she has a boyfriend.

No one's POV

It was just a normal day today.

The three of them eating out, Dream and George chose Clare's favourite restaurant, of course.

With Dream and George sat together on one side, and Clare sat on the other. (probably because Dream wanted to tease George and touch his- *cough-* under the tabl- *cough* *coughs more* anyways-)

They were quietly eating, with some small talk every few bites, when Clare spoke up.

"Sooooo, Dad, Father," Clare nervously smiled, getting both of her dads' attention.

"Yes?" Dream took another bite of his food while keeping eye contact with her, whereas George sneakily took some fries from his plate.

Clare giggled, "So uhh... I have..."

"Don't keep us in suspense, what is ittt," George picked up his glass to take a sip.

"I have... A boyfriend,"

George choked on his breath and spat out his juice.

Dream wanted to wheeze at his action, but his ear focused on hearing "boyfriend" come out of his daughter's mouth.

"A... What??"

"Surprise," Clare nervously chuckled.
_________________________

Dream was driving them home after paying.

"Clare, I- when?? How? What??"

"What's his name? Is he doing good in school? Did you guys kiss?? Wait- no- don't answer that one,"

More questions filled the car as Clare just sat there in the backseat. To be honest, she expected this kind of reaction from them.

When they arrived home, Clare still has something to say to them.

"Okay, I know you're both worried about me, but trust me, he's good- and he's great, he's nice-"

"Good??" Dream cocked an eyebrow.

"What- Father! Not like that!" Clare protested.

"Sure..."

"And uhm, I want to... introduce him to you both... tomorrow..?"

"Tomorrow??"

"Yes..." Clare finds it funny that she could already see their parent mode on.

"Okay then, we'll go and meet your little boyfriend tomorrow," Dream confirmed.

And now here she was, calling Kyle, her boyfriend, to go meet her dads.

The first time Kyle knew about her dads, he supports them.

(totally didn't get the Kyle name idea from octo in twitter-)

Clare tried to reassure him the whole time that everything will be fine when he texted her, on the way to her house.

He even dressed up to make a good first impression on them, as well as buying Clare's favourite flowers.

When he parked the car, he walked up to the door, the bouquet on hand and knocked.

He waited someone to answer until Dream opened the door.

Kyle got pretty nervous when he saw him with an unpleasant look.

"Uh, hi, Mr. Davidson. These are for your daughter,"

Dream looked down to see red roses in his hand, "Come in,"