6 | Turbulance

TW: Rape. Non-descript but mentioned. 

Artemisia 

Waking up that morning was the strangest thing I had experienced in a very long time. Years even. 

Dramatic, I know, but it was so foreign to me. 

I opened my eyes and took in my surroundings, the cream linen curtains cascaded the floor to ceiling windows with a gentleness that made it more difficult for me to remember where I was. Something so gentle in the home of someone so ruthless. 

My body tensed for a moment as I registered the weight of the arm wrapped around my stomach, and the feeling of the rock-hard chest pressed against my back. But it vanished as quick as it came, because I knew who this body enveloping mine belonged to. 

I wasn't in a position where I had to jump up and get my things together as stealthily as possible before doing a disappearing act. 

I felt safe here.

I was in the tattooed arms of Anton, who remained asleep behind me as I pushed myself further into him and allowed a long, slow sigh to emerge from my lips. 

This was peaceful, almost too peaceful, and it made me ask whether this had gone too far. I refused to let myself consider relationships that went past sex, after all life had to offer I didn't feel all too trusting of many. 

Yet here I was, relaxing back into the body of a man who took lives like he took vodka, whilst his grip around my waist only tightened and a sigh emerged from his lips behind me. I shut my eyes with a soft smile, the pondering thoughts being pushed to the back of my mind as he dipped his head and placed a kiss on the back of my shoulder before trailing his lips up to my neck. 

"Good morning angel," he mumbled against my neck before placing kisses over the hickeys he had left yesterday. I smiled, it wasn't the first time he'd called me that, and I would be lying if it didn't make my stomach flip. 

I turned in his arms and watched as he lifted himself to hover over me, a small smile on his face as I played with his silver chain in between my fingers. Anton leant down, almost like he was doing a push up, and pressed his lips to mine in a deep kiss that led to half an hour of early morning sex. 

And we were back to where we started. 

I'd made it after changing to the seven am training on time, the hickeys on my neck not going unnoticed as I received some playful jeers from Alvaro and Sam, ignoring the unhappy gaze that Jacob had settled on me as we got to work. 

My head was elsewhere however, and I found myself slacking in training as I attempted to get the thoughts of Anton and Leandro out of my head, and it started to work as I sparred with Alvaro two hours in, but it was short lived. 

"Jacob, Arté, Alvaro, let's go." David called, my shoulders dropped with a groan and I turned with a look of irritation to expect to see an impatient David, but no. I saw an impatient Leandro and Domenico with him too. 

I narrowed my eyes at the man before being nudged by Alvaro to get out the ring and with a huff I took off the black gloves and ducked under the ropes. 

I looked a mess, and the burning stare I was receiving from the Italian man wasn't helping my assured confidence as I walked towards them and followed Jacob into David's office. 

Why did I care what Leandro thought?

The two men followed us in and I got settled in my usual spot, leaning against the wall behind David's desk with folded arms and pursed lips, before looking up once more to find Leandro's eyes fixed on me once more.