10 | Unification

CW/TW: SMUTTTTTT, also mentions of scars and small detail of past trauma

Anton

"Anton," he said, like he was having some sort of fucking realisation. My anger was at an all time high, I could have smashed up every single thing in front of me, including Leandro.

"Anton," my voice was called for the second time, and I looked over my adversary's shoulder to see Artemisia standing there, in nothing but a small pair of silk shorts and a tight-fitting t-shirt.

"What the fuck is going on here, Artemisia?" I seethed, pushing past Leandro, my eyes narrowing in on her. She looked dazed and shocked.

"How do you have my address?" she murmured as she met me in the middle.

"There are a few botoxed divorcees in your apartment who fold pretty easy," I grunted, looking down at her. I watched as her eyes flickered back to him, and my jaw clenched impossibly harder, "Arté, I swear to fucking God, tell me what he's doing here before I do something I'll regret."

"I asked him to come," she sighed, "I wanted to know more about what happened to my mother, I never got any answers, and today had me thinking about a lot."

I pursed my lips before turning and looking over at Leandro, who still stood there with his hands in his pockets like a fucking idiot. "What are you still doing here?"

"We weren't done," he shrugged, and the anger that ran through me was so vehement that I couldn't just stand there.

"Of course you weren't," I snarled before looking at Artemisia. I wanted to hurt her in the worst way possible, I wanted to say things that would break her spirit, make her feel as unworthy as she had done me.

But I couldn't, not when I didn't know the full truth, because if I was wrong then I knew I would regret it. Maybe it was wishful thinking to be holding onto the smallest possibility that I could be wrong, I was never fucking wrong, but that was what Artemisia did to me.

Her presence, it turned me into a fool driven by emotion. I'd lost my fucking edge, but I was on the verge of getting it back, returning to an extreme scale.

So, without another word, I walked past them both, leaving the apartment and calling the lift outside the small corridor that was there for her use only.

I waited until the lift had gone down a few floors before letting out a rough shout, filled with my frustration, confusion and ultimate hurt. I was so desperate for Leandro to be out the fucking picture, and now he was taking the one thing I knew I wanted for certain in my life, the one person, the one presence.

I was in love with Artemisia, and for once, Leandro had been right.

-

Leandro

"I am so fucking screwed," she muttered as she pressed her back against the wall, her head dropping.

"He loves you," I said in a matter-of-fact tone, and Artemisia looked at me with confusion all over her face. I couldn't help but chuckle, only causing her expression to shift to one of irritation.

"Don't say stuff like that Leo!" she turned on her heel and walked back into the living room.

"It's true, Arté! The man is in love with you!" I called, following her. I watched as she fixed herself a glass of whisky before staring at the bottles that lined the bar. "Nothing to be scared of."

"Leo, it's Anton we're talking about. One of the most sadistic and fucked up men in the world, and he does not handle rejection like a virtuous man; I doubt he's ever heard the word no come from a woman's mouth." She groaned. "He gets rid of anyone who rejects him in the smallest way, what the fuck is he going to do to me!"