11 | Secrets

Artemisia 

Life was fucking with me. 

In the moment, I felt love for him, true actual love. He had my initials tattooed on his ring finger, of all places. 

But I didn't know what would come from it. 

There was a third party involved, and a fourth if you wanted to count Clementina. However, both of them would've done everything in their power to put an end to whatever was happening. 

I could see that Anton had lost a lot of his edge, but he was getting it back, and this time it wasn't being fuelled by his head but by his heart. That was something even I was anxious about. 

And Clementina, well she would do anything in her power to marry Leandro. There was no question that if Anton confirmed his suspicions and told Leo's dear Fiancé, not only would it be the end of us but it would be the end of my protected identity as the Black Widow. She would ruin me in a second if I did what she saw as something to try and ruin her. 

Could I compromise my identity, one that I had taken prideful ownership of when I realised my worth, all for the sake of Leandro?

If you'd asked me that question two weeks ago I would've laughed in your face. Now I wasn't so sure. 

There were two sides: I felt as if I was falling in love with Leo, because I was willing for a couple of moments every time I thought about it to put everything down for him. However, there was that amazing possibility that I would be killed as a result of Clementina running her mouth, and then it would all be for nothing. 

I was going in circles, because surely Anton would've been able to figure out that telling her would most likely result in me dead, and I know he couldn't let me die that way because he would be the one to blame, resulting in my insurance policy playing out and bringing him down. But, Anton was thinking with his emotions at the moment, and I was scared to push him. 

He wasn't afraid of anything, he had escape plans set in stone, but he got a kick out of running his empire, that's why he stuck around. The man could leave tomorrow and he would be set to raise the next five generations of his family in total luxury, but he got his pleasure out of domination so his exit wouldn't happen any time soon. 

I let out a groan of annoyance as I rested my head on the dashboard, making Alvaro give me a weird look. 

"What's up with you?" he smirked as we drove to Leandro's, he was dropping me off. 

I'd woken up without him this morning, he'd left to get back before Clementina could accuse him of being out the entire night, which I put together without him having to give me a reason. It was slightly disappointing however, but I couldn't blame him; we were on the same page. 

"Nothing," I sighed, sitting back into the seat. 

"Liar," he chuckled, "which one is it: Anton or Leandro?" 

"Neither." I shot back, keeping my eyes ahead of us. 

"You're so bad at this." Alvaro laughed, and I gave up. It was a futile attempt at most, and my best friend knew me better than anyone. 

"Both,"

"Ah," he sighed, "they've both fallen for you, I see." 

"Um, maybe I need to clear things up a little." I mumbled

"There's more?" 

"Yes, there is." 

Alvaro stayed silent as I explained my predicament, and I went from the day I met Anton up to yesterday, including the part about how Leandro had my initials tattooed on him. He looked bewildered by the end of it, like he needed a drink and more time to get to the bottom of things.