WMP: Part Eight

It's the end of the world.

Gideon always told himself that the day Pacifica would be lazily getting ready for something as big as a date (to her, at least) the world would end. And now, right before his eyes, he watched as she brushed her hair — or attempted to, since her brushing only seemed to make it worse — and looked at the mirror with a non enthusiastic expression.

"Is it really that bad?" Gideon asked.

Pacifica turned to him. "What?"

"Pacifica, look at yourself, you look like a potato that got stepped on and smashed," Gideon said. "You're never like this when it comes to a date."

She avoided eye contact. "It's just. . ." she looked back at him. "I'm feeling bad for this," she admitted. "I mean, I said yes to going on this date, but not because I wanted to, but because I felt guilty. I want to back away, but. . . None of my plans have a good ending."

Gideon raised an eyebrow. "What do you mean?"

"Plan A: Tell him the truth; Outcome: he feels sad and-or cry, media scandal;" Pacifica raised a finger as she said, then raised a second one. "Plan B: Go to the date, play with his feelings, admit you were right and tangle myself even more in this waltzing mess."

Gideon frowned. "What does 'Waltzing mess' even mean?"

"We're going on a dance tonight," Pacifica said. "After that, we would go to a restaurant."

"Well. . . I did warn you, didn't I?" Gideon shrugged as he said.

Pacifica turned to him with a pout. "As a boy, what would you prefer?"

"Honesty." Gideon replied, his eyes turning to his Journal. "Seriously, even if it hurt my feelings."

"But I can't handle the hurt expression." Pacifica said. "He looks like he might cry!"

Gideon didn't even focus anymore. He just stayed silent, listening to his cousin's pain. He sighed and stood up. "Alright, that's it." he let the Journal on the bed. "If you can't break up with him, I'll do it for you."

Pacifica's eyes widened. "Really? But— what if he doesn't like it? What if he tries something?"

"Pfft, Paz, he's a fake, remember?" Gideon smiled. "I'll be fine."

"You will really do that for me?" Gideon nod in reply. Pacifica jumped to him and hugged him tight. "Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!"

Gideon laughed and hugged her back. "You're welcome— PAZ! TOO TIGHT! CAN'T BREATH!" he gasped for air at the tightened hug.

Pacifica let go of the hug with a nervous smile. "Heh, sorry."

"It's," Gideon caught his breath back. "Alright." he smiled. "Let's do this."

"I'll wait for you outside." Pacifica said. "In case he tries anything, like attacking you."

"Alright. Alright." Gideon shrugged. "I can't stop you, can I?"

"Nope." Pacifica booped Gideon's nose. When he frowned in confusion, she giggled.

~~~~~

Dipper fixed his hair for the fifth time. Mabel, a few inches away from him with her friends, couldn't help but grunt. "Seriously, what's wrong this time?" she asked. "You were so happy when you went back to the Mansion, and now you're just anxious over nothing?" she crossed her arms. "I can see why Wendy is getting annoyed."

Dipper frowned at her. "Please. If you had a date too you would act like me." he said. "It's not a crime to be nervous."

"Nervous? You?" Mabel barked a sarcastic laugh.