Elena Knows the Truth

Mira's POV

"If you mean me no harm, then you'll go!" Elena says loudly waking me. I get out of bed and head to the door. That separates our rooms.

"I never wanted this" I hear Stefan say and I knock on the door. Elena lets me in.

"You ok? I thought I heard Stefan" I state.

"We just has a fight" she states.

"You know" I say noticing something different in her eyes.

"What do you mean?" she asks.

"I know Elena and so do you, that's why I see fear in your eyes" I state. She looks close to tears and I hug her. We sit on her bed. "Tell me everything" I tell her. She does so. "I found out about a few days ago, he has Damon locked up. So he can't hurt anyone, I only didn't tell you as there had been no more attacks" I state.

"Do you think Stefan is dangerous?" she asks me.

"I don't know, but I am curious to learn more about vampires. I mean you get a tun of fiction online" I tell her.

"You're right, I'll organize to meet him tomorrow. Somewhere in public, will you come?" she asks me. I nod my head. "Please stay" she adds and I nod my head. We lay on her bed and soon fall asleep.

(Next day)

We're outside the Mystic Grill. Waiting for Stefan, I had ordered chips and two drinks. Stefan finally joins us and I let Elena do the talking. As I am hungry. "You said you would explain everything. That's why I asked you to meet me here. When you Google vampire you get a world of fiction. What's the reality?" she asks him.

"I can tell you both whatever you wanna know" Stefan tells her.

"I know you eat garlic" Elena states.

"Yes" he says.

"And, somehow sunlight is not an issue" she says.

"We have rings that protect us" Stefan tells her.

"Crucifixes?" she asks.

"Decorative" he says.

"Holy water?" she asks.

"Drinkable" he answers.

"Mirrors?" I ask.

"Myth" he states.

"You said you don't kill to survive" Elena says.

"Animal blood keeps me alive, but not as strong as Damon. He can be very powerful" Stefan tells us.

"And yet you let him get involved with Caroline?" Elena asks him.

"Forcing Damon not to do something is much more dangerous, believe me" Stefan tells her.

"He was hurting her" we tell him.

"He was feeding on her. He was able to take away her memories of being bitten using a form of mind compulsion. She never knew what was happening to her. If he wanted to kill her, he would have" he explains t o us.

"Is that supposed to make it ok?" Elena demands.

"No, none of this is ok, Elena. I know that" he assures her.

"Are there any others, aside from you and Damon?" I ask him. Wanting to change the subject.

"Not in Mystic Falls; not anymore" he answers.

"Not, anymore?" Elena asks confused.

"There was a time when this town was...very much aware of vampires, and it didn't end well for anybody. That's why it's important that you both don't tell anyone" he tells us.