Next 3 Episodes

(Our Town) Mira's POV

So it's been two weeks since I found out about Stefan stealing Klaus' family. I feel bad for Klaus. He must be hurting so much with his family missing. I'd hate it if someone stole Elena, Jeremy and Grayson from me. Even though Elena is keeping secrets again.

But I can't focus on that right now. It's Caroline's eighteenth birthday today. Sure, she's a vampire and is no longer aging. But she loves celebrating her birthday. Or she did, she didn't turn up at school to see her locker. Which we had decorated for her.

So now we're at her house to surprise her instead. This time Grayson is with us. He had his first day at daycare today. He seem to have had a lot of fun. Anyway, we hear Caroline pull up and hide. We went until she comes to the living room to come out of hiding. "Surprise!" we cheer.

"Happy birthday" Matt says.

"What are you guys doing here?" Caroline asked us.

"Well you blew off school and missed our work of birthday art" Elena tells her. She takes off the crown she's wearing and put it on Caroline's head. And I hand Caroline the 'birthday girl' sash.

"Change into warmer clothes, we are going to the Falls. S'mores, camp fire" Bonnie lists.

"Cake! Like when we were little" Elena and I add.

"Except with tequila" Matt adds.

"For you guys, not me" I clarify. I a still staying clear of alcohol. Though maybe I can have Tyler make me a hot chocolate. I already had the coffee he'd given me this morning at school. Elena doesn't know I am getting for him. Otherwise she'd probably tell me not to drink it.

"Thanks, guys. Really, um, I'm just not feeling my birthday this year" Caroline tells us. I gasp looking at her shocked.

"I'm sorry, what? You've already claimed your birthday as everyone's favorite day of the year" Bonnie states.

"Exactly" I say.

"Yeah, and now, it's just a reminder that technically, I'm dead. Look, I didn't even like 17. And the only point to being 17 is to get to 18. It's a filler year; I'm stuck in a filler year" Caroline tells us.

"You're not stuck Care" I tell her handing her Grayson. A hug from him always cheers people up. She smiles at him as he grabs her hair tugging gently. It's his new favourite thing to do. Tugging on long hair or necklaces.

"Okay, well I think I have another idea" Elena states. We go to the cemetery. Elena's idea was to have a funeral, to say goodbye to Caroline's old life. It's actually a cool idea.

We had cake and toasted to Caroline's human life. Now we're just chilling around a fire. Grayson yawns. It's nearly time for him to go to bed. Caroline had text Tyler. "Give her a break! You can't control what everyone does all the time" Bonnie snaps at Elena.

"Ouch Bon" Matt says.

"Where'd that come from?" I ask her.

"Sorry, I know it's Caroline birthday, funeral or whatever but, I just feel it's really wrong that you compelled Jeremy to leave town" she says looking at Elena.

"You did what?" I demand glaring at Elena. "We promised to never compel him again" I remind her.

"I'm doing it to protect him. I want to give him a chance to have a quiet normal life" Elena states. "I want you to go too" she adds looking at me.

"He should be able to choose how he wants to live it, you're taking his choices away" Bonnie rants.

"I agree, I only agreed to Jeremy leaving because I thought it was his decision. Now I find out you had Damon compel him again" I snap.