John's Our Father

Mira's POV

"Today's the day" John tells me in a low voice. Jenna is upstairs getting Elena ready for the parade. "Tonight, you need no longer fear about vampires" he assures me.

"That's great Uncle John, I'm relieved" I tell him with a smile. "I wanted Grayson to enjoy the parade" I state.

"Just make sure you are inside before the fire works" he tells me.

"Ok" I say skeptically. I love the fireworks and I really wanted Grayson to see them. Besides I trust my uncle to make sure nothing happens to us. I'm called upstairs to help the girls. I bid goodbye to my uncle and head upstairs. I place Grayson on Elena's bed and surround him with pillows. Before heading over to the girls.

"Grab this and pull" Jenna says handing me a string to the corset around Elena. So glad we switched places.

"Ouch, this dress hurts" Elena complains.

"Suck it in baby" Jenna tells her and nods to me. We pull and finally the corset is fitted. Jenna ties it and we finish getting Elena ready.

"Next time you wear the corset" Elena grumbles. As I finish her hair.

"Sure Elena" I say with a smile. "Those Salvatores are going to think they've gone insane" I state.

"Because the period look?" she asks and I nod my head. "Well at least it's only for the parade" she states. "We should get going" she adds and I nod my head. I drive the two of us and Grayson to the school. Once there I park the car and we get out.

"There's your boy" I say gesturing to Damon and Stefan. Elena smiles as they turn to look at us. They look at Elena shocked. She smiles and curtsies at them. "You guys have fun" I tell them and go to search for the others. I find Matt and Caroline getting ready to get onto the Miss Mystic Falls float. "Don't you two look great" I say with a smile.

"Mira, hi" Care says.

"How's the arm Matt?" I ask.

"Doesn't hurt anymore, but it will be some time until I can get this thing off" he grumbles waving the cast arm.

"Just don't go trying to cut it off yourself" I tell him.

"I promise" he says with a chuckle. Soon it was time for them to get onto the float. So I said goodbye. I go search for someone to watch the parade with. I find Bonnie and join her. Letting her hold her godson. Who is wide awake.

"He's getting big" she states.

"A month old now" I tell her and she smiles. The parade starts.

"Let's give a big hand to the Mystic Fall's high school Marching Band!" Carol says. The marching band and the cheerleaders parade, everyone applauds and scream. "And for a little local history, Mr. Saltzman's students have recreated Virginia's Battle of Willow Creek" she states. The float arrives in the street. Jeremy and Tyler are in it, they wave to the crowd and pretend to shoot at each other. I giggle smiling, I have Grayson wave at Jeremy. Who smiles gently waving back.

It's time for the Miss Mystic Falls float. "Ladies and gentlemen, please welcome our stunning Miss Mystic Falls Court and their handsome escorts. This is Caroline Forbes, Miss Mystic Falls. Aren't they beautiful?" Carol asks us. Elena, Stefan, Caroline and Matt, and the rest of the Mystic Falls Court and their escorts are on the float; they laugh and wave to the crowd. Grayson claps and makes grabby hands to the float. I chuckle and Matt smiles at us waving his good arm.

Bonnie and I was back at them. When Damon appears in front of us and waves at Elena. She rolls her eyes and looks away. She looks at Stefan waves to the rest of the crowd. "What do you want?" Bonnie asks Damon as she hands me Grayson. It'll be time for him to feed and have a nap soon. So that he will be awake for the fireworks later.