Carnival Night

Mira's POV

Elena woke me up today, asking if I wanted to help her and Bonnie set up the carnival. I agreed and sent Matt a text. Wishing him and Caroline a good morning. Telling him where I'd be once he had seen Caroline. He promised to drop Grayson off at the school after seeing Caroline. He assured me Grayson is fine.

I got ready and left with Elena for the school. We meet Bonnie and immediately got work. Making sure everything is perfect for the carnival tonight. While Bonnie complains about Katherine. "Honestly I saw through her straight away" I state.

"You did?" Elena asks me surprised.

"Yep, no one can pretend to be you but me" I state and she smiles.

"We used to do that all the time as kids, switch places" she chuckles.

"Drove mum nuts" I laugh. "Though I wonder why she hasn't pretended to be me?" I wonder.

"Maybe because you have a baby and I'm with Stefan" Elena offers.

"Both good points" I agree.

"How do you know she's not still out there pretending to be you?" Bonnie asks Elena.

"I don't but I could sit here and be tortured by the not-knowing or I could get these prizes to the ring toss" Elena states.Gesturing to the stuffed toys.

"Have either of you talked to Damon since he killed Jeremy or tried to kill Jeremy?" Bonnie asks.

"I have nothing to say to him" I state.

"No Bonnie, I haven't and I won't and I don't want to talk about Damon or anything else that's vampire related okay?" Elena asks. Handing her a bag of stuffed toys. "I'm human. And I have to do human stuff. Otherwise, I'm going to go crazy" she states.

"Like a true Gilbert" I tease and she shoves me playfully.

"Okay, I'm sorry, I'll focus. We have to make Caroline proud or she will kill us. I don't know how she does all of this" Bonnie tells us.

"Well because she's not human, obviously" Elena and I state.

"Obviously" Bonnie agrees and we all laugh.

"We'll get these to the ring toss, you go find someone else to boss around" I tease Elena.

"I'm gonna see if Jeremy has finished his task" Elena states. We said goodbye. Bonnie and I start to take the prizes to the ring toss.

"You didn't tell her" I say.

"I didn't want to ruin your relationship" she states.

"Thank you, I don't know what I would do without Elena or Jeremy" I tell her.

"How are you doing with everything?" she asks me.

"Honestly, the only thing keeping me from going crazy is Grayson" I tell her.

"Where is my god son?" she asks with a smile.

"With his dad, Matt said he'd drop him off here later. After seeing Caroline" I state.

"You're doing a great job you know, raising Grayson" she states.

"Thanks, it hasn't been easy. But I love him" I tell her.

"I noticed you and Tyler seem closer" she adds.

"We're friends, or were before we dated and broke up" I state. "It's nice to have him as a friend again and he needs one. So do I" I add.

"So there's no chance of you two getting back together?" she asks.

"I don't know, he seems to have better control of his temper. But he made out with Matt's mum before she left and used to date Vicki. Wouldn't it be weird if he and I dated again? With me being the mother of Matt's son?" I ask.