Isobel's Return

Mira's POV

I woke up late and hear the door shut hard downstairs. I frown and head down. I see Ric storm out of the house. I enter the kitchen to see Elena feeding Gray  bottle. As John got to his feet hand on his cheek, like he'd bee punched. "You know this is your fault, right?" Elena asks him.

"Right" he mutters. Elena comes over to me and we head upstairs. I ask her what happened. She tells me about Isobel being back. How Jenna found out we all knew Isobel is alive and didn't tell her. So she's left to go stay at campus for who knows how long. Which sucks, because it means I have to organize someone else to look after Gray so I can go to school in the morning or see if I can take him with me.

Gray finishes and I take him. I burp him. "Do you want me to come with you?" I ask her.

"I'll be fine, Stefan will come with me" she states.

"I don't want her anywhere near my son" I tell her.

"We'll make sure she doesn't get anywhere near him" she assures me. "Stefan should be here soon" she adds. I nod my head. "What will you do today?" she asks me.

"I was gonna go out and enjoy the day, but now I'll probably stay inside. I don't want to risk seeing Isobel, as I don't want her anywhere near Gray" I state.

"Understandable" she says.

"I'm gonna go watch a movie with Gray, be-careful out there" I tell her.

"I will be" she assures me. I take my son downstairs and put him in his bouncer. Before grabbing the TV as Stefan appears. 

"She's in her room" I tell him and he nods his head. Heading upstairs. I smile at Grayson as he swats at his toys and I put on Toy Story. Then go to the kitchen to make myself breakfast. I make myself some toast. As I made I hear the door go and John greeting someone, but didn't pay much attention to it.

He appears in the kitchen. "Elena in her room?" he asks.

"Yes, with Stefan" I tell him.

"Ok, I need to talk to you both in the living room" he states and left the kitchen. I frown and take my toast to the living room. I drop my plate when I see who is in the room standing over my son.

"Get the hell away from my son!" I shout and rush forward. Picking him up backing away from her. "Who the hell invited you in? Get out!" I scream. Just then John appears with Elena and Stefan. "You invited her in?" I demand glaring at John trying not to cry.

"She has information about Klaus. Please, just listen to her, okay?" he asks pleadingly.

"No, I don't want my son anywhere near her!" I scream. Gray whimpers. "I can't be here" I state.

"Mira, I promise I am not here to hurt either of you" Isobel says.

"I don't trust either of you" I snap.

"I'll tell you what they said later" Elena tells me. I nod my head and left the house. I get into my car and go to Matt's. I let myself in and fed Grayson. It calms us both down. I burped him and he falls asleep.

(Time skip)

So I left Grayson with Caroline. Who is apparently looking for Matt, who is freaking out about her being a vampire. I would of helped her. But my twin has gone missing. So I've come to the Salvatore house to watch a dead John with Damon. Who is nowhere in sight.

"Damon!" I call and he appears in front of me. "You look upset" I state.

"That bitch Katherine stole the moonstone" he snaps.

"Ok, no need to bite my head off" I tell him. "So you think she and Isobel are working together?" I ask.

"Yes, though I wonder why they didn't try to grab you" he states.

"I was in a house where no vampire aside from Caroline and Stefan have been invited in. Until I got the call from Stefan" I tell him.

"Well I can't have you leave now, you'll just have to stay until we sort this mess out" he state.

"But I promised Care to help her with Matt once she finds him and she has my son" I tell him.

"Grayson is perfectly safe with her and the safest place for you is here" he states.

"Why do you care?" I ask him.

"Stefan and I made a promise to protect you & your sister" he states.

"Look at how well that turned out, not even a week since you daggered Elijah and Elena has been kidnapped by our vampire mother" I state. He gives me a pointed look. "So what do we do? Just wait?" I ask him.

"Yes" he says and I sigh sitting down on the couch.

(Time skip)

Elena and Stefan returned in one piece. With news of Isobel's death. Elena is showing me her daylight necklace as I try o decide how I feel about the death of our birth mother. "Is that Isobel's?" Stefan asks pulling us from our thoughts.

"We never thought we would feel bad about her being dead, and yet..." Elena trials off.

"She was your guys mother" Stefan finishes.

"Why did they let me go?" Elena asks.

"Better question, why didn't they take me too?" I ask.

"From what Isobel said to the person on the phone before her death. It sounded like Klaus only knows about one of us" Elena states. "We'll try to keep it that way" she assures me.

"You know that'll be impossible" I tell her.

"Well, anything John told Isobel, we have to assume that Klaus knows, right? So he knows that you're not gonna turn yourself into a vampire. He knows that you have us keeping you safe" Stefan tells Elena. Answering her question.

"He knows I'm not gonna run" Elena states.

"Neither of us well" I add.

"Which is why we need to take some precautions, 'cause we got played, all of us" Damon says putting a stack of papers onto Elena's lap.

"What's this?" she asks him.

"It's the deed to our house. It's in Zach's name. As soon as you sign it, it'll be in your name" Stefan explains.

"You're giving me/her your house?" Elena and I ask surprised.

"Isobel had the right idea with the safe house. You both will just stay here till it's all over. That way, you can control who gets invited and who doesn't" Stefan explains.

"I'll spend time at Matt's also" I remind them.

"Although I'll be super pissed if you lock me out" Damon adds. John suddenly gasps for air and sits up. Damon rushes over to him and lifts him up by his collar.

"I swear I had no idea what she was gonna do. I'm sorry. I'm so, so sorry" John says looking at Elena and I.

"Damon, let him go. He and I need to talk" Elena says. Damon lets him go and I head over first. I slap John across the face.

"If you ever endanger my son again or break my trust again John. I will let Damon kill you for real, are we clear?" I demand. He nods his head. "He's all yours" I tell Elena. "I'm going to go relieve Care of baby sitting and will be spending the night at Matt's" I tell them and left.

I find a crying Caroline no Matt's doorstep. "What happened?" I ask her.

"I found him and told him everything while he held Grayson. But he made me take it all away" she states.

"Did you break up?" I ask and she shakes her head.

"I just thought he'd be ok with it and this could of been the start of something new. But I guess I have to go back to lying to him" she grumbles wiping her eyes.

"Where's Grayson?" I ask.

"With Matt, they went for a stroll" she states. "I should get home before my mum does, good night" she tells me. I wish her a good night and she left. I enter the house and decide to wait for Matt. But end up falling asleep on the couch before he returned.