Blood Brothers

(Salvatore house) Third Persons POV

Damon looks at the object which Pearl gave him, Elena enters the living room. She had just checked on Stefan, who still refuses to drink animal blood. "Did you ever figure out what that is?" Elena asks referring to the object in his hand.

"Nope. Whatever it is, it doesn't work" Damon states.

"Pearl didn't say anything else about it?" Elena asks him.

"She thought she was stealing his vampire compass, but that was a pocket watch. That Johnathan Gilbert was a crazy scientist. Have you spoken to your uncle lately?" Damon asks her.

"I've been avoiding him, actually. That, and I've been here most nights" Elena states.

"Well your sister and him seem pretty chummy" he states.

"What do you mean?" she asks him.

"I've seen them having secret conversations, she says she trusts him" he explains.

"But she hates him as much as the rest of us do, so why would she trust him?" Elena says confused.

"Maybe you should ask her" he tells her and she nods her head. "So, you'll be here again tonight?" he asks changing the subject.

"Is that a problem?" she asks him.

"Yes. You're a complete nuisance" he tells her and she rolls her eyes.

"See you later" she tells him. And left to go home. To get a new bag of clothes.

(Gilbert house) Mira's POV

It's been a week since the Miss Mystic Falls competition and Elena hasn't spent a night here since. I'm worried about her. Especially with what happened to Amber that day. Except the only vampires there, were the Salvatores and Stefan had disappeared during the competition. Has he become a threat?

I hear someone in Elena's room and smile. I carry Grayson to her room and see her packing. "You leaving again?" I ask her with a frown. She jumps startled.

"You scared me Mira" she states.

"I'm worried about you Elena, is everything ok?" I ask her concerned.

"Yeah, everything is fine. Stefan is just going through a rough patch" she states.

"Attacking Amber is not a rough patch" I state.

"You know?" she asks surprised.

"I didn't" I state. "Elena, I don't want you near the Salvatores anymore" I tell her. "Grayson can't lose his aunt" I add.

"He won't lose me" she assures me. "I'm perfectly safe" she states.

"You're safe here" I tell her and she sighs.

"I promise, once Stefan is better I will be home" she states.

"Don't lie, I know you are avoiding Uncle John. You use any excuse to not return home" I state. "You going to have to decide one day Elena who you care about more. Them or your family" I tell her and a stink fills the room. "Grayson needs a nappy change" I state going to the nursery. I start to change him and for once he doesn't try to pee on me. That's good, I love the shirt I have on.

After changing his nappy, I put a new outfit on him. I then go back to Elena's room with him. I see her talking to Uncle John. "It's really silly to keep pretending. What do you think your mother would say. If she knew you were dating a vampire?" he asks her.

"Which mother?" she shots back and leaves the room. She smiles sadly at me. "I will come home to you Mira" she assures me. Before leaving after kissing Grayson's cheek.

"You both know?" Uncle John asks.

"Yes, we found out when I was still pregnant. We even know our birth mother's name, Isobel. Makes me hate my first name more" I state. "We told Jeremy not long ago" I add.

"Do you know anything about your birth father?" he asks me.

"No and I don't care. It's Elena who wants to find out more about our birth parents. I could care less" I tell him. "My focus is Grayson and keeping our family safe" I state.

"Anyway, I have a meeting to attend. Take care of yourself and my great nephew" he tells me. I nod and he kisses my forehead before leaving. I like having Uncle John around, it's like having dad back. I used to hate him like the others, but now I know the truth about vampires. I am very happy he came back to protect our family. I wonder how I will feel when he leaves. But since he has been back, my bad feeling doesn't bother me as much anymore. I trust him to protect us.

I look at the time and curse. I was supposed to meet Matt and Bonnie. I grab my purse and Grayson's nappy bag. Then leave the house. I go to Matt's. "Sorry I'm late" I state as Matt takes Grayson from me.

"It's fine, how are you both?" Matt asks.

"We're ok, though I'm worried about Elena" I state.

"Something wrong?" Bonnie asks me.

"She's keeping secrets, I thought that would stop when Grayson was born" I state.

"I'm sure you guys will figure it out, you're sisters" Matt assures me. Before going to the other room with Grayson.

"It's them isn't it?" Bonnie asks me.

"Yes, they are a threat Bonnie. Vampires only cause trouble, I wish they would all just go away. Including the Salvatores" I state.

"I agree" she says. "But that would hurt Elena" she adds.

"She'd get over it and she'd be safe" I state. She nods her head. "Come on" I say and we go to the living room. To see Matt has Dinosaur King on for Grayson. I smile as we join them.

It was nice for Grayson to spend the day with Matt and Bonnie. Caroline even joined us. We then had pizza for dinner. It was nice to forget vampires for a few hours. Grayson had his naps and feed on time. Matt even fed him a bottle. Caroline and Bonnie helped me bath Grayson.

But it's now time to go home. "Today was fun, I hope we can do it again some time" Matt tells me. Caroline and Bonnie agree.

"Next time, we should take Grayson to the zoo" Bonnie suggests.

"That sounds like a great idea, we can invite the others as well" Care adds.

"I think Grayson would like that" I say with a smile. "Take care of yourselves" I tell them. I put a sleeping Grayson in his car seat. Buckling him in. I then get in and take us home.

"Hi Mira, how was your day?" Jenna asks.

"It was good, Grayson loved seeing Matt and the other two" I state.

"Other two? I thought it was going to just be you, Matt and Bonnie" she states confused.

"Caroline decided to join us" I tell her. She nods her head. "I'm gonna go put him down, then do my homework" I state. She nods her head and I go upstairs. I place Grayson in his crib and put his mentor on. I then go to my room and do my homework. Before getting ready for bed and call it a night.