Family Night

Mira's POV

"I'm so proud of you Jeremy" I tell him when he told me the grade he got for his essay.

"Couldn't of done it without you and Anna" he states.

"We only help you get the research materials, you wrote the essay all by yourself" I state. "By the way, where is our ancestor journal?" I ask him.

"I loaned it to Mr Saltzman, he wanted to read it" he states.

"Just make sure you get it back, it's our family's history" I remind him. He nods his head. Just then Jenna appears. "What's up?" I ask her.

"Family night tonight, you both in?" she asks.

"I'm in" I say with a smile.

"Sounds fun" Jeremy states.

"Great, Mira please let Elena know" Jenna tells me. Before leaving the room. I went back to writing in my journal while Jeremy went back to sketching in his. I soon hear Elena return.

"I'm gonna go tell her about family night" I tell Jeremy. He nods his head. I put my journal down and headed to the kitchen to see Stefan and Elena going through a box of our ancestors things. "You guys looking for something?" I ask them as I grabbed an apple.

"Hey. Just going through some stuff, feeling sentimental. Dad had this old family journal from years ago. I thought I'd dig it up" Elena states.

"Johnathan Gilbert's journal?" I ask as I sit down and take a bite of the apple.

"Yeah, what do you know about it?" she asks.

"Jeremy just did a history essay on it" I state.

"Oh. So does that mean Jeremy still has it?" she asks.

"Nope, he loaned it to Mr. Saltzman. He wanted to see it apparently" I tell her with a shrug. "By the way, family night tonight Elena. We're all going to be there" I state.

"I'll be there" she states. "Thanks for the help" she tells me. I nod and finish my apple. Putting the core in the bin. Before returning to the living room.

(Time skip)

I'm in the kitchen with Jenna and Damon. Who is cooking dinner. I didn't want him here, but it's not like I can kick him out. "My father never approved of anyone I dated, which only made me want them more. Of course. What about you?" he asks us.

"My father did approve of Matt until he and Elena got drunk one night with Caroline. Though he never approved of my ex, turns out he was right about him" I state with a shrug.

"There were a few guys. Logan isn't the only loser I've dated" Jenna states.

"They ever find him? Or is he still missing?" Damon asks her.

"He's not missing. He's in the Bahamas working on his tan. Very entitled, that one. Marches to his own drum" Jenna explains. She drinks the rest of her wine. "He's a Fell. They're all snooty" she finishes.

Damon chuckles and walks over to Jenna, pouring more wine into her glass. She raises her glass to him and Damon turns back around to continue cooking. "Hello Elena" he says and I smile at my twin.

"Hey. Where have you been? We're cooking dinner" Jenna states.

"Well Damon is, he refuses to let me help and Jenna is happy to not help" I state.

"Is Stefan with you?" Damon asks Elena.

"Um - he'll be here soon" Elena answers. Elena leans against the counter which Jenna is sitting on and watches Damon with distaste. While I look Elena, she'd been acting weird all day. I hope everything is ok.