Chapter thirty-five

Three weeks later ...

Eren held Levi's hand tighter and used his free hand to wipe a stray tear. They were at the morgue seeing his mom and deciding what to do with her corpse.

"Can we bury her in two weeks?" Eren asked the funereal director.

"Of course."

"You doing okay?" Levi asked as they exited the building. They headed for the car and stepped inside.

"Yeah, I'm doing better actually." Eren nodded. He was finally starting to accept her death.

"That's good." Levi nodded looking down at his phone. "Can you grab my charger from the backseat?"

"Yeah, sure." Eren unbuckled and leaned over his seat to reach for Levi's charger. He blushed at the mess that was still back there from a couple weeks ago.

Eren's shoes were on the seats, Levi's shirt on the floor. The rest of there attire was still there too.

He handed Levi the charger and strapped himself back in.

"Guess I'm starting to wear off on you, huh?" Eren chuckled, looking over at Levi.

"Hm?"

"Look how messy it is back there." He laughed, motioning to the backseat. "I feel like you of all people would have cleaned that before we went for round two."

Levi shrugged. "Not when I have you dragging me inside. But.. no. I'd never be as disgustingly messy as you."

"Hey!" Eren lightly smacked his arm. "I am not that messy."

"I had to sleep on the couch because you got crumbs all over the bed. You left a sandwich under the table and flies were swarming my house. You also-"

"Okay, okay. I get it." Eren shook his head. "I have another question."

"Shoot."

Eren watched Levi's hands turn the steering wheel. One of Eren's favorite features about Levi was his veiny hands and arms. "How did you... how did you get over your moms death?"

"I never did. I mean, I don't think about it all the time but it still makes me upset." Levi replied. He reached one of his hands over to place on Eren's thigh. Eren placed a hand on top of it and smiled. "Anyway, with time and the right people, I started to feel better."

Eren nodded and leaned his head against the window. He closed his eyes and, before he knew it, fell asleep.

"Eren doesn't have to know, babe." Melina whispered into Levi's ear.

"But he's in the next room... we can't." Levi said, placing kisses down her neck.

"Screw him. Wouldn't you rather have me instead?" She started to undo the white buttons of Levi's button-up.

"Yes..."

"Levi, what the fuck is wrong with you!"

"What?" Levi yawned, reaching over to the bedside lamp. He turned it on and looked down at the younger boy.

Eren was still asleep so Levi shook him awake. "What?" Eren yawned.

"That's what I'm asking you." Levi cocked a brow. "Having a dream?"

"Yeah... why?" Eren closed his eyes again and lied his head on the pillow.

"Sounds like I did something bad." Levi said. "Did I?" He kissed Eren's lips delicately and trailed down his neck.

"You cheated on me." Eren yawned.

"Oh." Levi furrowed his brows and shook his head. "How'd you know?"