Chapter twenty-seven

Ranbir takes Anand to a corner to talk to him in private because he blames Shraddha for whatever happened with his family. As it was because of her arrival in his life that he had to live without his children and wife. He didn't want her interfering in any other thing again.

"I know Riya isn't inside the house. Tell me where she is."

"I will. I promise to bring Riya home for you to sort out the misunderstanding about the child. But for now, no one can meet her except me."

"Why? Why must you speak to her first?"

"Stay calm if you want me to listen to you."

"I'm calm." Ranbir said after inhaling a breath. Even though his curiousness was taking him far away from calm and letting his patience swing on the edge.

"I also have to get answers from Riya. For your case, if you pressurize her, she'll choose not to tell me about my case...."

"And vice-versa. What you want to ask must be very important since Uncle left everything on such an important day to prevent it. I can't let you ask her first."

"I have to ask her. Mine is more important." Anand said calmly.

"I'm her husband. I have the first right to talk to her."

"And I'm her brother. The first right always belonged to me. It still is." He proceeded to stand with Shraddha. Meanwhile, his father angrily badged out from the house and approached him.

"Where is Riya? I searched everywhere in that house. There is no sign of her, or the kids, or even a sign that someone lives there."

"How will I know?" Anand shrugged as he acts clueless.

"Anand, this is the last time I'll warn you to tell me her whereabouts. The consequences won't be good if you choose not to."

"Do what you want. You can't blackmail me." Anand answered not knowing his father was truly serious about the situation. To everyone's surprise, he grabbed Shraddha's hand.

"She'll stay in my captivity until you bring Riya to me."

Anand held his father's hand which was on Shraddha while sending him a warning look to not even try it.

"Take her to Mumbai." his father said.

"Anand!" Shraddha murmured as she gets hold of his hand not wanting to go with them. To be sincere to herself, she was scared even though they were taking her to Mumbai. She was scared he was threatening his son by using her as a weapon which was wrong in her eyes.

"Take her away!" he yelled while she flinched. His men came over and seized her within their grip, separating her from Anand.

"Anand, don't leave me. I don't wish to go with them." she cried.

"Don't worry Shraddha. They're taking you home to Mum. He has a party and his reputation will be at stake when you don't show up. After all, he achieved what he has only because of you."

They put her into the car and it drove away.

Anand and his father exchanged a heated look. Far away from them stood Ranbir as he waited for Anand to spill his wife's whereabouts.

"Everyone knows Poonam is not in India. They'll believe me when I say her mother went to visit her. She'll not show up at tonight's party until you give Riya."

"Why? How did Supriya die?" he grabbed the collar of his shirt ready to fight him.

"The woman you're fighting me for isn't worth it. I'm saving you from heartbreak. Thank me instead of fighting me because when you find out about the real her, you'll stop loving her. All those pictures you put up of her in your room, you'll surely destroy them."