Author's note and Chapter forty-one (end of book one)

Author's note
Good day to all my admirable viewers. I'm happy to announce that this is the last chapter of Love Happens book 1 but, book two is coming soon. The chapters will roll out in this same book. However, I'd like to take a break. Do stay with me. I hope this chapter will be intriguing enough to make you wait and anticipate book two. However, it all depends on whether you want me to continue. So include in the comment box if I should continue writing the story or not. If yes, it will probably be published in middle of August.

Regards from me!

Last chapter Book 1

While Anand's car reached the station, the police van left with Shraddha. Anand noticed his lawyer's car whose door was left open. He went out and approached him to ask him how things went. Reaching there, he saw him seated on the seat but his head rested on the wheel as if he was sleeping.

"Mr Burak!" he called out.

Somewhere near the cliff, Ranbir is seen staring at Shraddha's photo from the day of her wedding. On his other hand is a bottle of liquor. He gulped it down and continued staring at it. In front of him was his daughter, or would he say stepdaughter dangling in air with only a rope supporting her not to fall inside the cliff. She is rendered unconscious and at that point, he doesn't even care if she's breathing or not. When Anand met the man that dated his wife, he eavesdropped on their conversation. Yesterday morning, he conducted DNA tests for his three children and only two matched his. Their first daughter whom he gave so much love to didn't turn out to be his daughter.

His phone started ringing. He threw away Shraddha's photo that went along with the breeze.

"You will rot in jail for the rest of your life. Thank me for having mercy that I didn't kill you." he shouted at her photo that went down the cliff. He took out his phone and saw Riya was calling him. He swiped the answer control while pressing the speaker button.

"It's good to see your call after forever." he said taking a look at the reason she must be calling him, her daughter.

"Ranbir, Shraddha has kidnapped our child. We have to save her." he heard her voice which broke after every word. It seemed to him she was still crying.

"Our child!" his mind highlighted the word while he rolled his eyes uninterested.

"Ranbir, are you still there?" Riya enquired.

He chuckled at how she called his name for the first time in a while with respect and love because she needed help.

"I am. But I don't know if I'll be able to help you, sorry."

"What do you mean? She's your daughter too. You have to. It's your responsibility."

Ranbir forced a silent sad smile on his lips at how Riya was still lying to him regarding her daughter.
"When I asked for them, you said they'll stay with you. You said they were your kids so now, take care of their problems alone. I can't do anything, I'm sorry." he hung up. He was certain she would call again and she did. He picked up and before he could ask her what she wanted to say again, she said what he was waiting and yearning to hear.

"If you help me, I promise to come back to you."

"With what guarantee? Why should I trust you?"