Epilogue 1

Revenge, love, and innocence – this trio is a dangerous combination that often leads many astray. While love and innocence can coexist, the addition of revenge can scorch even the purest heart.

Shraddha's friend, Sarah, privately handed over the recording that Shraddha had entrusted her with to Ranbir. They were inside a parked car, at a distance from Anand's residence.

"I've carried out your plan as you instructed. I set the houses on fire. Your father is no more, and we tragically witnessed Ananya's demise. The property now belongs to you," Sarah conveyed solemnly, her hand resting on his shoulder. "What about your promise?"

He brushed aside her question and watched the recording with a stern expression. It contained Shraddha's confession.

"Dear Sir, if this recording has reached you, it means I've died because I wanted to tell this in person. I want to share something important with you. Shraddha, who supposedly died five years ago, is alive. I survived, but now, others want to take my life. There are five people who entered my room last night and openly threatened me. I can't accuse anyone without evidence, but the man who caused me to fall into the sea that day when I was granted bail was Ranbir, Anand's brother-in-law. You should ensure his arrest. I also want to file a complaint about my ex-in-laws. I don't know if this recording will even reach you, so, I've sent a scheduled message to the police station. I hope my confession and complaint will reach you."

"What? Where's the rest? How could she send another message? You said she trusts you," he exclaimed, panic seizing him, fully aware that if the message reached the station, he'd be taken into custody.

"I wasn't aware. She entrusted me with this. Do you think she was suspecting me?"

"Do you think she found out you were among the people who entered the room last night?"

"No!" she shook her head confidently. "If she had, we wouldn't have gone for a stroll together." However, hesitation laced her voice as she remembered an incident from earlier that evening. "But," she paused.

"But what?" Ranbir snapped, losing his patience.

"Earlier, before we left home, I caught her talking to someone. But when she noticed my presence, she hung up and didn't give me a chance to find out who she was talking to."

"Where is her phone?" he asked.

"When she returned after being informed about the fire, she dropped it in the garden."

"You'll retrieve that phone and find out who she was speaking to," he said, yanking her chin closer and giving her a warning look. "Or else, you'll accompany me to jail."

"Be quiet! I'm not foolish like Shraddha to remain silent if mistreated. Don't forget, I'm Sarah. Just because I want your money doesn't mean I'll allow you to treat me as you please. You'll give me half of everything you own for the murder of your father and taking his wealth." She freed herself from his hold and spoke, unafraid of his menacing gaze.

"I didn't promise half. I said I'll compensate you as I see fit."

"If you want that phone, you'll pay half. In fact, you'll sign the papers right now, or I'll visit the station instead."

He laughed and threatened, "Remember, this isn't your country. No one will listen to you, believe you, or support you because I'm not an ordinary person. No one will take your side; instead, you'll be arrested for slander."

"Are you threatening me?"

"Yes! You'll retrieve that phone if you want to stay safe. Otherwise, I'll have you arrested and deported from India to spend the rest of your life in jail."