Book 2, chapter 1 and Author's note

Don't skip! It is an appreciation post.
I'd like to begin by thanking all of you. It really amazed me how people were reading this book word by word. Thanks, thanks. To those who messaged me and asked me to publish, I've listened. Here's the chapter. I said until August, I was actually planning until August, but the love I was showered with made me change my mind. Although updates won't be regular until August, enjoy! I tried my best to see this chapter is also good. You said Anand and his family should atone for taking advantage of Shraddha's good heart, I've listened too.

Happy reading!

Omniscient Narrator!
Shraddha's foot dangled at the boundary on the balcony of a six grounds building. Below her was a sea. How she ended up there was something she couldn't remember. Regardless, the cops chasing her arrived and encircled her from all directions ordering her to turn herself in or they would shoot her.

"I didn't do it. If you let me go, you won't see me in Mumbai ever again." she said having no intention to surrender and spend seven years or life imprisonment in prison for something she didn't do.

On the other hand, in court, Riya worried and rushed to Anand to help him. He shoved her to the floor and as she got up and tried to approach him again, he sent her a cold look and spoke with a voice lacking any emotions.

"Stay away."

"Are you still supporting her? She killed my child. She...."

"You've gone mad, Riya. I don't wish to speak or see you. Your presence upsets me. You listen to what others say, but never to your family. Have I ever lied to you? Do you think Shraddha is capable of kidnapping someone? Murdering someone? Is this how you view her?" at the end of his sentence, he let out a loud groan from the pain that was erected in his chest. He felt a sharp pointer penetrating his heart.

"Be calm Anand. Don't forget you were sick not so long ago." she became bothered about his health.

"I have thought about it. I can't sacrifice an innocent life in return for a life by hiring someone to take the blame for a crime Shraddha has no connection with. However, I will take the blame upon myself. If it is life imprisonment, I will spend the rest of my life in jail. Maybe that will make you happy." he lashed out at her and tried to get up. As he fell flat on his stomach, she cried inconsolably watching him struggle to be on his feet. She told herself everything that was happening was because Shraddha came into their life. Her brother was telling her to her face that he doesn't wish to see her.

She stormed out of the courtroom in anger.

~~~~~****~~~~~

"We'll count to three. Surrender or we'll shoot you." the inspector warned Shraddha. She was taking slow steps backwards. He received a call from the commissioner so he told his colleagues to nab her before he returns.

"Jai Hind Sir!"

"Jai Hind! The lady has been granted bail. One of the criminals has been detained and after a thorough investigation, he testified Ms Shraddha wasn't their Boss and they took her name because they were paid to use it. Moreover, Ms Riya has withdrawn her complaint. The case got more complicated. Bring her to the station to sign the bail papers immediately."

"Okay. I will bring her to the station to sign the bail papers." he said.

Someone watching him from behind a pillar heard that. As the Inspector returned to the balcony to inform Shraddha that she was now free-for a while, the man loaded his revolver with bullets. He went after him and hid behind one of the pillars there.