3

Under God's canopy-the earth, Anand paced back and forth beside the water which swift and brush his feet continuously.

"The police can leave. My family can leave. Your mother can leave, but I'll never leave you Shraddha. Nor can you." he voices to the sea and continues to walk. A shadow draws near his figure from the back which mutters,

"I'll also not leave you, Anand."

Anand heard the feminine voice and instantly turned around. He saw Lakshmi, Supriya's sister who smiled at him and arrived.

"What are you doing here?" he scanned her figure watching how much she had changed within five years because, after Supriya's death and they, willingly agreeing to give him his children's custody since they weren't capable of taking care of them, they never met again. It was Poonam and Riddhima who would go visit them from time to time, but without him.

"I heard about the unfortunate incident that happened. Although, I don't find it unfortunate." her smile remained plastered on her face.

Anand eyed her suspicious behaviour and asked her to explain why it wasn't unfortunate to her. "Are you also supporting Riya? If you heard, you must have heard from Riya's perspective. Shraddha isn't like that. She will never kidnap for money. She isn't someone who gives money any importance. She only loves humans. Her heart only cares..."

"I know Anand. This is why I tell you the unfortunate incident isn't unfortunate because, if Shraddha is truly in all aspects a nice being, God won't take her away from life. After all, in the end, only the villains die."

"You believe she isn't dead?" Anand enquired.

She chuckled and answered. "Not one bit. Shraddha is alive."

"Won't you call her a body like others?"

"A person becomes a body after death. Shraddha is alive. If she had died, you'd feel it. You sensed sister Supriya's death a day before right?"

Anand nodded affirmatively.

"Do you feel in your heart that Shraddha is dead?"

He shook his head. He didn't feel anything in his heart like he felt before Supriya's passing. He can remember a day before she died, he couldn't sleep at night. There was a feeling he couldn't recognize that grew in his heart which was the main reason he didn't perform her operation. Rather, he decided to pray for her successful delivery.

"If you can't feel she's dead, she isn't. Trust your heart."

Anand leaned and hugged her. He was expecting these words from Riya to comfort him, but Lakshmi took her place. He was grateful for that. He thanked God for sending him another sister just after he lost one. Lakshmi, on the other hand, smiled widely while trying to intimate the hug. She gathered her body in one place and squealed with excitement in silence as she thought of how wonderfully her mother's idea worked to come and be the support Anand was searching for in his family. The idea worked because Anand who had never in the past hugged her did today. They always maintained a distant relationship. Her sister was aware of the undying love she had for him. Both her mother and her at the time tried to keep her away from him.

"But how did you find out? What made you visit home? Is everything fine with Aunt?" Anand enquired as he drew back.

"Mother forced me to go with her." she strode further and left him behind her. "She got sick and said she would not live for long. She wishes to spend her remaining days with her grandchildren. We arrived yesterday, but after your father came and saw us, he said he would not permit our stay. We don't share a relationship any longer since my sister is dead and no longer your wife." she turned her head briefly and peeked at Anand's face who was thinking critically. With a smirk, she continued to stare at the sea.