11

"Now that you're here, inform Riya that I'll visit her place now to have a chat with her." Ananya said that despite the warning hand her father kept on hers and the look on his face that told her not to go.

"Ranbir also. I want him to know he's only free because the law believes Shraddha is dead. However, he'll repeat the same mistake he made with Shraddha with Ananya, and he'll get punished accordingly."

"I don't think it is a good idea...."

"I didn't seek your opinion, Anand. I'll do what I want. I'm not seeking anyone's opinion. I've always lived by analyzing and contemplating repeatedly before doing something. I thought about others. But this time, I'll do whatever crosses my head, right or wrong; I won't think about it. I know I may pay for the consequences of my actions later, but I won't mind. I have nothing left to live for except avenging the people who destroyed the relationship I had with my mom and also stopping me from attending her last rites." When her eyes met the plate of food she was served earlier and couldn't eat because she was afraid it was poisoned, she pulled it back and ate a spoon to prove to herself that nothing would kill her if she didn't let it.

All of them polled her action strange. She got up and went upstairs. She returned to take a bath. The fear she had about the water being acidic had disappeared. She refused to live according to how they wanted her to. She bathed, and nothing happened to her like she anticipated. Going back downstairs, she directly started leaving after informing her friend to tag along.

"Do you know Riya's address?" Anand said.

"Mr. Pandey's driver knows," she said while leaving the house.

"I'm begging you to stop her. You know your sister doesn't like her at all. So does Ranbir." Her father pleaded with Anand and kissed his hand, begging him again to stop them.

•••••

"You can leave. I'll drive them." Anand took the vacant seat where the driver had sat before.

Shraddha, who was behind him, asked him what he thought he was doing. "You're not coming with us. Leave now."

"I'm at your service, Madam. Where do you want to go?" He saw her face from the mirror, which had an irritated frown as she glared.

"I'm not joking, Anand. Leave."

"We have malls in Mumbai. Should I take you there? We have parks and exciting places for tourists. Where do you want to go first?"

"Take us to the mall." her friend replied with an excited energy until Shraddha peeked at her.

"Both of you visit the mall then." She got out of the car and cornered the driver to take her to Riya's place. Anand grabbed her hand and took her to the area where he parked his car.

"What beh....." Before she complained about how he behaved, he tried to explain it was not the right time for her to meet with Riya.

"I won't let her live if she harms you. I can't lose you again."

She smiled while reminding him how she had harmed her in the past.

"It's different now."

"Nothing is different. The truth is, none of you are brave enough to face your family, not you or Mr. Pandey, because the same blood flows through all of you. You, he, and all of you are guilty one way or another. You can only talk, but you can't give justice because you love them too."

"How can I redeem your love, Shraddha?"

"There's no possibility because after Shraddha's death, the love she had withered with her soul." The driver honked the car at her, and she went in.